I Forge Iron

Urgent unspoken request

Michael Cochran

Marg and I:

Have added you and the rest of the family to our list of intentions. (a little late for this Sunday's Mass, but you all are in there.

Hang in, take one development at a time and let time even things out.

Best wishes,

Marg, & SLAG.

40 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Prayers on the way Brother. Holding my breath.

Frosty The Lucky.

I've heard holding your breath too long can cause brain damage. :) 

18 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Marg and I:

Have added you and the rest of the family to our list of intentions. (a little late for this Sunday's Mass, but you all are in there.

Hang in, take one development at a time and let time even things out.

Best wishes,

Marg, & SLAG.

I'm always at least a 'little' late.

Thanks Frosty, SLAG and Marg.

Some of the tension has eased up thankfully. I spend a while getting in touch with everyone I knew to get more 'help' and it has helped some. Truth is this has been an ongoing and worsening situation and I don't see any end but there needs to be one. For now it hasn't caused any marital issues but there is a tension there I'm afraid can turn into issues if the situation cannot be rectified.

I don't want to go into any further detail for fear of sounding whinny or like I'm taking advantage of anyone's generous 'listening ear' so instead I say again, thank you for your support.

A little late, but better late than never:

All prayers and blessings to you, my friend. May you have wisdom to see your path, courage to choose it, strength to walk it, and friends to guide and support you along the way.

Much love,
John

15 hours ago, Michael Cochran said:

Anyone know a head doctor that does free exams? I feel like I need mine checked again. :blink:

Spend some time at your anvil. Chances are it will answer many of your questions.

No anvil, then spend some quiet time with your dog or pet.

I have an old friend named Father Marc; he's been a monk for over fifty years. He said to me once, "There's nothing like working alone in the shop to bring you in touch with what's going on in your soul and in your mind."

Michael: No, sitting and waiting to get better won't work it only lets you brood on what's troubling you. A MUCH better therapy is to DO things that take your conscious mind's attention. For me I go mall walking and just do little  nice things for folk, just holding a door gets a smile or thank you. Taking someone's cart back to the store for them gets a smile and thank you and often a little bewildered look as they fully intended to just leave it there. That's a win win, you not only so something for someone directly but you help the next person who wants to find a parking space. Sometimes I'll just help someone find something in the store.

During my worst depressions around Christmas BIG SURPRISE for a bachelor living alone ain't it? I discovered just smiling at folk who look distressed shopping a mega store two days before Christmas would usually get a smile in return. It got positively addictive I could make people feel better for nothing but a smile and it made me feel better. Then that person feeling happier because some stranger smiled at them like a friend finds themselves smiling at strangers who smile back. With a little practice you can infect a mall with happy, I used to sit on a park bench thing just inside the main atrium and infect folk as they walked in the door. No it didn't easy the burden of shopping in a jam packed store but any job you can do with a smile is a lighter task.

I still get down, especially after the accident but I know how to fix it, I hit a store and smile at people, joke, chat and in just minutes I feel better and have left a wake of happier folk behind me.

And that's how I control my times of depression. Sitting and thinking my way out is only a path to deeper depression. That's just me though YMMV

Frosty The Lucky.

I've been busy at work today helping in another department instead of fighting to keep my mind busy doing my usual job. When I get home I have more work in the yard tearing down my old shop. I'll probably be busy on that project every day this week after work. Tearing down a structure takes lots of patience and attention so I won't be thinking about things but what's important to the task at hand. Then this weekend I'm hoping to get back to my hatchet project. That too will keep me busy. 

Staying busy helps; particularly if you are getting something productive done or helping other people.  Be aware of unexpected pluses---I'm not supposed to drive for at least a month after my concussion; so my spouse has been coming down to the rental house on the border and taking me to work, (well to the border crossing so I can walk over get my visa and get picked up for work each day at the Factory in MX).  So we've got to spend more time together than in the last 3 years I've been doing this job.

Thank you Steve. 

I feel as if the situation has gotten somewhat better. 

I am keeping busy at work again today in a different department (everyone wants me to come help when they are short a guy :) ) and I've been busy at home with my old shop tear down as well as plans for future projects. I have a long list of things to make and will be making a decision soon as to which one I'm going to focus on first and get busy. 

Thanks you everyone for your support, I'm thankful to have friends like you in my life. Even if I never see you face to face you guys are a great bunch of guys no matter what anyone says.