I Forge Iron

Drifted Eye Camp Hatchet

Finished this one a few weeks ago. Forged from 1x2x3 mild with a leaf spring bit. Found fractures from the spring, I think, once I was doing some final grinding. I worked the bit nice and hot, so I'm thinking it was from previous fractures. Came out right at a pound and a half and stuck it on a cheap Link handle from Rural King. Can't wait to make more like this, my Brent Bailey axe drift is my new favorite tool! Next time, i'll make sure I set my bit further back so I don't have that nasty line where the bit meets the mild steel. All welds are solid. it's a little dirty here, I had already gave it a few test runs. 

20160622_120854.jpg

20160622_120901.jpg

20160622_120914.jpg

20160622_120950.jpg

20160622_121014.jpg

Looks fantastic! Shame about the weld line though personally i like things like this in my work if they arent detremental to the functionality of the piece. I like being able to point to things like this when describing the work to people to better illustrate what was done while making the piece. I didnt see any fractures though, can you take a close up of the issue?