I Forge Iron

Deb could use a prayer

Frosty

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I brought Deb home early this afternoon. The tests and other magical wizzbangery shows no damage though it was on the stroke side rather than a TIA. I'm not sure how they decided that seeing as a TIA is a stroke. I'm thinking they don't want anyone taking it lightly and everything I've read says it's a serious warning event and should be taken seriously.

Her service dog Abby and Baxter our athletic rock star Doxy were overjoyed to see her come out the hospital door. The last time they'd seen her strangers were loading her in a strange vehicle with flashing lights. They have been two distressed dogs since Tuesday, almost as distressed as I've been. Abby was one of the dogs responsible for saving my life when the birch got me. She hasn't had good experiences with ambulances.

Anyway, she's taking it easy in her own bed and will be up and at it tomorrow I'm sure. There's nothing like a hospital to suck the life and energy out of you, home is the place to heal. Her spirits are high, she had friends and students dropping by at random intervals with cards, flowers and just letting her know they love her.

Thanks for the prayers makes good happen.

Frosty The Lucky.

The prayers are working, She just left for work an hour ago, looking forward to catching up on the mess left when the boss tried filling in for her. Eating and sleeping at home and back in the saddle will heal you up soonest.

It's the first time I've been able to really relax since Tue. evening. Even the dogs are relaxing, I think all is well.

Thanks for the words with higher.

Frosty The Lucky.

"Abby was one of the dogs responsible for saving my life when the birch got me. She hasn't had good experiences with ambulances.

Anyway, she's taking it easy in her own bed and..."

I had to read that twice.  I thought, "Abby is sleeping in her own bed?  Had she been crowding Frosty out of his?"

Good news, Buddy.

1 minute ago, WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.c said:

"Abby was one of the dogs responsible for saving my life when the birch got me. She hasn't had good experiences with ambulances.

Anyway, she's taking it easy in her own bed and..."

I had to read that twice.  I thought, "Abby is sleeping in her own bed?  Had she been crowding Frosty out of his?"

Good news, Buddy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: !!

Man when I drop a straight line it's Duesey!

But, yes Abby sleeps in her own bed and no she doesn't crowd me, different beds. Baxter gets to sleep with us but he stays out of the way.

Thanks for the laugh Wayne, they always feel good but especially good now. Deb'll get a laugh out of it too.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks guys, Keeping Deb on slow and easy is and has always been a problem, her only speed is full out. She's back teaching classes but seems her students are pretty diligent about keeping her from doing much of anything. I didn't even have to bribe them. :)

Thanks again.

Frosty The Lucky.

1 hour ago, JHCC said:

Prayers and best wishes for health and healing.

(Of course, that's above and beyond the prayers we all send up every day for Deb being married to you!)

There is something divine about a woman who'd put up with me.