I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to dachshunds. This is our new little girl Ronda. She's about 10 weeks old now and a holy terror though incredibly sweet at the same time. Our other two dogs are getting over the resentment of a new pack member. I'm sure things will get friendlier once she learns a little bite control with those puppy needle teeth. And oh YEAH can she dig, likes digging roots and killing them. Serious prey drive in this one.

Say hi to Ronda Frost, call name Ronnie. Pic 1 is on the ride home. Pic 2 is her waking energy level. Pic 3 is her other energy level.

5b2b0a36a53b9_1st.carrideinAk01.jpg.17d4abe576bd0a138015f9262c01447a.jpg 5b2b0a584abb3_RoniRomp01.jpg.2d3626664a4741f90031bf6cab5f6be0.jpg  5b2b0a646302f_Dozingoff01.jpg.7ea3580e25b455a501e7cd0159d17012.jpg

Frosty The Lucky.

I don't let her out the door off lead. She's Deb's special dog sport girl, it's up to Deb to keep up. I just keep her out of trouble at home. She starts "Puppy Kindergarten" classes tomorrow. Deb is the office manager and the K 9 Nose Work instructor for Better Companions dog training facility. Rhonda is starting school at 10 weeks, I'm thinking she'll be defending her thesis at a year and a half. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Axle has been off lead all this week. He is 5 months old now. He is smart as a whip and housebroken (mostly only one accident). Here he is with his big sister Daisy Mae. Both are trained to come to the whistle. Yesterday Daisy took him out in the woods to show him the ropes and probably try & lose him.:) He is still a little terror but she puts him in his place.

100_1971.thumb.JPG.73618e3b1a45aee4984edd65dd364941.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Freddy, how does Artemis feel about the heat in Texas? She would be more comfortable in the snow wouldn't she?

And Mein is a cute cat. The tux and the spot on the nose reminds me of this cat with an Australia map on its nose.

australian cat.jpg

I’ve got a couple of dogs that roll around with me all the time but I settled on the name Hornytoad Forge because these little fellas will occasionally wander into the shop. The bigger one was a couple of years ago and the tiny one showed up today. I always relocate them to the safety of a bush. I see the adults somewhat regularly, not near as often as I did as I kid, but the babies speak to my soul. 

7A67E42E-9496-405A-BE9E-AEBDEAA68B45.jpeg

8E616829-CFE6-4059-BDEC-38F9C2995B2E.jpeg

027437DF-770B-44A4-A066-DB0400BC1F17.jpeg

3F58691A-6438-4D7D-9577-0878834E8A26.jpeg

Those hornytoads are spectacular little fellows Ranchman! I assume they are lizards despite the popular name. They remind me of a horny little lizard we have in arid parts of Australia known as a thorny devil.

And what a great name for your forge!

My mother had them as pets growing up in rural OK in the 30's and 40's.  (one of her chores was filling the coal oil lamps as they didn't have electricity save for a wind charger that ran the radio...)  We seem them rarely around my shop and they are left strictly alone as we want to encourage them---they eat ants!

When I was a kid, my sister and I would find them by the hand full. I always keep an eye out for them and they’ve gotten fairly scarce. I see them because of my I watch for them and I’m outside all the time. Their numbers have really dropped though. Both of those tiny guys wandered into the barn while I was forging and I wouldn’t have put it past either of my dogs to see how they taste.