I Forge Iron

pink handle design help ?!?!

Hey guys this may seem like a strange question but anyway i am in the middle of creating a couple '"prototype" blades for testing and if things go well i am going to make a couple of each design to sell (i have a few people waiting for me to sell some) but i am also making a knife for a friend and she wants pink handles...ok no problem there but i dont want a plain knife with just pink handles it needs to have something else to the design first i thought bolsters but   brass and pink would look horible so SS and pink might look ok but i am NOT polishing this blade since she will be using it for light stuff and when you polish that kinda knife it scratches bad and i dont thing shiny SS bolsters would look good on a non polished knife with pink handles. black might look good with pink at first i thought maybe making a bolster out of black paper micarta but the pink scales are g10 wich doesnt have tha wavy pattern when you grind it and the black micarta would so i dont know how that would look. i may be just overthinking it but i cant come up with a good idea for this one and i want it to be good she is deffinitly a important person and it will be the first knife i am giving to some one besides close fammily (mother, father) ANY ideas guys would really be appreciated! 

I don't know about your area but around here there are lots of custom gun builders who produce high end AR type rifles and they all do Cerakote in every color under the sun. Well, maybe not every color but I've seen pink on several builds at gun shows. One of my customers bought a knife from me last year and had it Cerakoted tan by his gunsmith. He brought it by the shop to show me and I kinda liked it. When he bought the knife it was satin finished 1095, when he showed it to me a couple of months ago it was non reflective desert tan. I don't know how durable it would be on a knife blade but it looked good. It's a two part, oven curing ceramic coating so it may hold up well. If you can find a shop that's already set up to do it I'm sure you could get a small batch "pinked" pretty inexpensively.

thanks guys! The gun black may be a idea, i have gun blue and i have used that before and tried to get a black color with it and couldnt ill have to try the black stuff......the cerakote is also a good idea ill have to see if there is anyone local that does it....the aluminum is something i have on had i have big enough bars to form bolsters i have never done bolsters with out polishing them all the way up how would you get the brushed look just stop half way up the grits? or is there another technique?.....Ok copper is something i didnt even think of at all the only copper i have tho is pins and bolts but it may be a nice accent ill have to see how it looks togather...thanks again guys