Sign in to follow this  
don schad

Older Anyang 165 - problems, performance, experiences?

Hi all,

I am considering purchasing an older Anyang 165 two-piece hammer.  At present the age of the machine is not known, but it is at least 20+ years old.  I have read about some of the older machines having a problem where they get very hot.  I don't know if this is a problem which can be fixed or not.  But I am also wondering if there are other problems or if people have thoughts on these older machines.  Are they comparable to the current crop in terms of reliability and quality?  

I am also considering purchasing a new 88, but this other machine just came up.    Is the control on these older 165s less then on the current 88s?

I would love to hear any experiences or thoughts.   

Thanks for your thoughts,

Don

witch hammer depends on what you're forging ? a new 88 gota to be around 10 G ??

a used 165 ? $$ - is it a one piece or 2 piece ? A two piece is a bit more work to install

myself I am a more power guy :wub: can you test run the 165 ?? or get near a 88 ?

I have never heard of the heat problem you talk of unless its run Hard all day & then some

all hammers get warm / hot depending on use a hard day on my 33 & you can't hold you're hand on it

and yes I push the 33 when needed ! I need the 65# up & running

I've moved away from this machine I think.  It isn't 100% clear who the manufacture is, and I don't think I want to get into a project if things go bad.  

Thanks though.