I Forge Iron

Does this sound decent?

While looking for a new fuel source in my area I remembered a large coke plant not too far away that amazed me as a kid. I did a little research on the company and still have to find out if they'll actually deal with someone like me since they seem geared towards large orders. While I'm figuring that out I have to ask abou some numbers they shared as to their coke. They say, 'Typical product characteristics are 91.50% fixed carbon, 8.0% ash, 0.50% volatile matter and 0.64% sulphur.' Is that as good as it sounds or do I simply not yet know what to look for? I know the key word in their statement is 'typical' which does mean there is going to be some difference from load to load. However it is something produced from a natural source so it's never going to be exactly the same, I get that. 

After being bounced between multiple people at the office I wasn't in ally transferred to a salesman who was able to answer my questions. They do sell to anyone willing to pay for it so that's a plus. He quoted me the smallest size coke they sell (1x3 I'm guessing inches?) and it's running $505 per short ton. He also told me I can come scoop what I wanted if I didn't need it by the ton. So I might just take a gamble and get me a little bit to try for myself and go from there. After all I doubt it could be any worse than the anthracite I've been using from tractor supply. 

Tell them up front that you want a sample to try in the forge and they may let you have a sample at no cost. Get enough of a sample so you can actually test the fuel, maybe a weeks worth of fuel for your forge. Take donuts or cookies with you when you go.
Report back to them you findings, then take the BIG truck to pick up more. (grin).