I Forge Iron

Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas

Here is some general info about BOA (Blacksmith Organization of Arkansas) for any interested smiths or wanting-to-be-smiths.  You can PM me for detailed info on meetings.  They are usually held on Saturdays; different Saturdays for each chapter.  The meeting may also change to have the meeting coincide with special events.  Visitors are welcome, and family memberships are available as a single membership.  We have coal for sale as well.

Our website, www.blacksmithsofarkansas.org has info and archives of newsletters which will be posted for the public one month behind.  We think our newsletter is one of the best in smithing!!

Our organization has four chapters in northern Arkansas.  They are:

NW Chapter, primarily from Eureka Springs and Springdale to Harrison to near Jonesboro and down towards Little Rock,

Central Chapter, mostly in the LIttle Rock, AR area,

NE Chapter, mostly the Jonesboro, AR area,

River Valley Chapter, around Ft. Smith, AR.

For meeting schedules for each chapter, please PM me for a particular chapter inasmuch as we may project meetings months in advance and with four chapters, it would be a lot to post here.  I can then post it here on the forum.  Sometimes, meeting locations change from posted ones, as was the case for the last NW meeting.

• 4 months later...

With a heavy heart, I must announce the passing today, Sept. 23, 2016, of BOA's beloved Treasurer, Coal Meister and a Past President, Ron Wells.  Ron was a victim of terminal lung and brain cancer.  He was a great friend and will be greatly missed by many.  RIP, my friend.

• 8 months later...

OK.  I think that created a lot of extra work on your part.  Seems like a sequence of monthly meeting info under one topic might be simpler than creating a lot of monthly topics, but "you de boss".  Thanks for your hard work.