Frosty

Game 2, the "Iron Fjord"

Recommended Posts

(I must really apologize frosty in my post before last i guess i wasnt too clear of actions/intentions)

When i said "i say we take anything light and useful" I meant from the wreckage and"can be retrieved with knives or rocks" was also from the standpoint of being at the wreckage.I see now that it wasnt very clear.So my action statement (If i may re-phrase it that is?) is this:we collected everything small and useful we could find using the tools we had at hand,and suggested making our way back to camp to tell what we saw as well as ask if anyone has any good ideas for the block?We brought back a good few stainless wall hooks,various hinges and basic hardware...Bruno had hoped to make a few proper steel tipped spears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

( every game i ever played dealt with situations i've known or was in physically. sure cowboys and indians and army guys but it dealt with the physical world i was in while i was In the woods or on location. hence why i guess I'm horrible at this lol. sorry.) 

Max throws his hands up. " I'm going to keep an eye on the coast a bit. if anyone wants to come fine." Max makes a torch of pitch and fine grass/moss/dried pine needles to take and a fire starter from a kit and his emergency blanket. he grabs his flashing beacon and ELT along with his life jacket. he also grabs a bag of clean drinking water. " I'm going to turn on this ELT, attach it to the life jacket, and pitch it into the next outgoing tide.  it's worth a long shot since the darned thing dosnt work here."

Max gets to the coast and starts a fire around the first location and gathers enough deadfall to keep it going through the night. he checks that the emergency flags are still up and would be visible from the water. he sets the flashing beacon up for the evening by the flags to turn on at dark. he keeps his torch at the ready along with his spear and his knife on his belt. in the morning Max plans to walk the coast each direction from a start point at the wreckage to see if he can find anything of use then head back to the group. while at the fire before turning in Max works on a better fishing spear and making some cordage like Clinton had showed him. he also works on attaching one of the rocks to the split top of a stick and wraps it to make a rough club/ mace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys hear a voice that isn't eerie and kind of scary you've come to recognize as the GM, Arbiter of doom. It must be Frosty instead! No apologies necessary it's a matter of wording, saying I . . . meant so and so, doesn't count. Did you read my description of the boat wreck? How did you so much as touch it let along remove anything? The closest you can get is a vertical 15'. Of course I SUPPOSE one of you could TRY swimming out to it, it's only about 40' worth of 3'-4' swells breaking over sharp rocks and deep holes.

This is a learning curve and playing is more about getting into the spirit of pretending to be there based solely on what the GM describes. IN RPG it is NEVER safe to assume the game master knows what you meant, we can only consider what you say. Try to say what you mean and be specific.

In advanced games the DM often parses a statement word for word and uses creative interpretation. We aren't playing an intermediate game even you don't even have a rule book to read to get an idea who these things work.

For example in a group of more advanced players I'll bet at least one would've grabbed a rifle out of the storage locker when abandoning ship. Even if you had to throw it at a rocky shore I could've at least rolled a saving die to see if someone could get it working. Nobody was going to be able to swim to shore carrying a rifle or more than a box of ammo though so salvaging and getting it working would have been a must anyway.

The two experienced gamers didn't even look around the deck before abandoning but neither knew how I wanted to play the game otherwise I'm sure they would've tried to take everything that wasn't nailed down right up to the moment the boat started to capsize and just take a die roll to save against one of the many B-A-D things that could've happened if they were a split second too late. As gamers we LIVE for being able to take those kinds of chances, all we're risking is an invented character not our real hides.

Charging into the heard of deer with a fire hardened thrusting spear and club to fight an indeterminate size black bear for your kill is the spirit of RPG. Conan the Barbarian would've been laughed out of one of our D&D parties. Get crazy!

Another thing to remember I don't hand out impossible situations. No, you can't walk out too the boat but it's NOT inaccessible it's up to you guys to figure out how to get to it.

You guys are done at the wreck site for day 3. You still haven't told me what you are DOING tonight.

Well, Max's action statement came in while I was doing a last couple edits. Are you tossing it in Das? Did I miss you telling me what you were doing? I've missed a few things in this game and when brought to my attention I corrected my mistakes. The correct number of survival knives that made it ashore being the most recent. None of us are actually sitting in a forest meadow on the shore of a fjord in Prince William Sound. I chose the location because I can paint a reasonably realistic picture of conditions, wild life, food, etc.

Did I come across to harshly? I'll cop to getting carried away and letting more frustration than I actually feel come through. I'd much rather you remained in the game but if you'd rather not how do you want to play it?

Frosty The Lucky.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha no Frosty, I'm not tossing it in. I'm tossing my life jacket into the next outgoing tide with the transmitter on it so maybe it gets a signal out away from the island. it's a long shot but hey, it aint working on the island so maybe it'll work out in the water. maybe it'll just float back in. who knows.  I'm staying out on the point closer to the wrecksite tonight with a fire by the flags to see if it cant help get us noticed. then in the morning i'm going to comb the beach up each way from the wreckage to see what i can find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man am I getting tired of posts disappearing! :angry:

End Day 3

I'll try it this way, my last post was disappeared so I'm doing this in Word.

I'm going to start each character's bit in Orange and characters are in alphabetical order for convenience.

Clinton.   Is thinking over Bruno's suggestion of taking over camp sitter for a while.

Ben.  Is more out of it than anyone else, he is only able to follow simple directions and do simple tasks under supervision. Maybe he'll come around if his player rejoins the game.

Brandon.  Is realizing he's more rattled by the situation than he thought. He describes what he saw at the wreck but is realizing he just looked at it and nobody is coming up with plans. Though he has set a trap line and is the only person so far to make any kind of weapon he's beginning to think he could take a more active roll in getting the survivors moving.  

Bruno.   Realizes he was so focused on looking at the wreck he didn't think to do more than watch his footing on the rocks and didn't search for useful or tasty things. He did pick up some kelp and made a lucky grab at a crab so he didn't come back completely empty handed.

Max.   Listens to the group and Clinton and realizes things aren't happening. He takes an emergency pack and a share of the materials, a tube tent a space blanket, an orange signal space blanket, a spool of line, fire starter, a survival knife and wire saw. Picks up and leaves camp. He arrives at the sea side cliffs with just enough time to set up a quick camp. He does find a bit of a point where he can see pretty well in both directions.

There isn't enough time to erect a signal flag so he gathers fire wood for a signal fire. A couple forked sticks driven into the sod and a length of cord is good for the tube tent. He sits by the fire watching the sound for lights and turns in after a while.

Frostig Den Arbitus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Just got a new tablet,should make replies easier.)

Brandon is spending the night helping Clinton break a bit more camp. Unfortunately he doesn't have any shovels so he's digging with sticks and stones and whatever else seemed to work. 

As he's going Brandon is sharpening stakes and sticking them into the ground at least a half foot to stabilize them. That should keep the animals at bay for a while until they came up with something more permanent. Not that he wanted this ordeal to be anything resembling permanent. 

"OK guys we need a bit more of a concrete plan going into tomorrow. First let's make sure everyone has some kind of knife and a longer weapon. I don't care if its a 3 foot stick to use as a club. Quarter staffs are good as well. Try to fire harden them. It will make them more durable.

Tomorrow when we get up I'll check the trap line and see about more food store. We need to get a better system for water inside the camp. Clinton can you come up with some ideas. 

Can anyone come up with an idea for a raft that we can pole out to that raft? Also we may be able to place a beacon out on the ship if we can get to it. Give me your guys' feedback."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I am not going to complain about getting out and stretching my legs" Lol. "I'm not real comfortable with levin' Max out on his own. He isn't a child, I know that but things can go sideways real quick and 911 isn't going to answer. Brandon and Bruno, can you wait till I get back to run the trap lines?" Pulling to gether his gear," Ben is good company, but Aaron dose nothing but grouch and complain" said with a wink and a lopsided grin. 

Pack, billy can, knife, etc. plus his "knife on a stick" and sling.  Clinton starts out to trail Max.

finding Max, "Young man, you have a right nice camp, mind if I keep you company for the night? wouldnt feel right if you fell asleep became bear poop." Unrolling his kit, and setting up camp...

option one, leaving Max. to his peice if he quietly exceps his company.

option two, raising a hand and cutting Max off. "I know your a grown man and in no way in need of a baby sitter! But I will be plucked if I'm letting you risk getting hurt. I can't nurse a third man, and I need your help to get off this Illand alive and back home" then go back to obstinately setting up is bedroll.

in the morning helping Max set up signals, and humping (walking with a purpose for those not ex-strait leg infantry) our way back to camp and relive Bruno and Brandon. 

Looks like Darius is faster on the trigger than I, lol. Only change, after leaving my "digging stick" with Brandon "I'll sertainly look at the water situation, and I'll keep to the engineering project in the morning"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max laughs at Clintons bear poop comment and gladly accepts the company. "Better in pairs then alone and scared." He said with a smile and helps Clinton set up his tent.  Guess we can take turns sleeping and guarding camp and watching for ship lights. " It's funny, when I'm at home I sleep like the dead but when I'm camping I'm a really light sleeper." Max works on cordage during his time awake. 

In the morning after setting signal flags, Max asks Clinton about his idea to pitch his life vest into the outgoing tide with the ELT attached and activated. Think it's worth a shot or is there a better use for the battery inside it that you can think of? 

After getting back back to camp Max asks the group, "Who is going with me to check out the shore line? We will start at the wreck and go one way a while then head back to the wreck drop off anything good we find and head the other way a while and head back bringing everything back to camp at that point. Clinton never got sick from the shell fish so is it safe to a sum that at that time they are safe to collect? We should also take the fishing spears with us." 

Max is having trouble trying to think of a way to access the boat out there. One side of him thinks to send the best swimmer with enough cordage out to tie it off for us to use to access it, the other is thinking about the stick and tarp kayaks he's seen people make on survival shows but with the large waves he dosnt like the idea. But maybe at higher tide. I don't know he sais to himself. Maybe better time spent just policing the shore and looking for usable stuff and food, and Then collecting berries and checking traps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning Day4

The GM is having to give serious thought to how thoroughly he got played by Max. I'll come up with something interesting to even the scales. Nice one Das, well played sir. <grin>

It looks like shock from the boat wreck is lifting.

It's another clear cold morning, well below freezing with about a 5mph breeze for a chill factor feeling like around 19-20f. Everybody slept warm enough thanks to the browse beds Clinton built. Morning would've been warmer in the Tee Pee if everybody hadn't spent well into dark trenching and planting sharpened stakes and forgot to set a fire watch.

Clinton:   Spends the night with Max on ship watch. Between the two of them they kept the signal fire going though agreed to let it stay small unless they saw boat or airplane lights. That way they could conserve wood and have plenty to make a bon fire when they need it.

Ben:   Works well enough with Brandon trenching and sharpening stakes but needs supervision or he sometimes gets distracted or doesn't know where or when to stop, change direction, etc.

Brandon:   Organizes the evening's activities to help get camp secured and give Clinton a break. He keeps an eye on Aaron but it appears Bruno is maintaining a good enough watch on him Brandon can concentrate more on other things.

Bruno:    May not be feeling too well but he's staying on top of what he can do. He's tending Aaron though Brandon went with them when he took Aaron to the latrine. Bruno's keeping a pot of tea ready and did a fair job of making dinner, his porcupine and berry kelp stew is becoming legendary. When he isn't tending Aaron he's sharpening stakes and keeping the shavings to roast into fire starting tinder.

Max:   Was surprised and happy to see Clinton show up, especially seeing as Clinton scored a lucky shot with his sling and they can have roast squirrel for dinner. Between them they gather quite a bit of wood for the signal and cook fires and stack it upwind of their tent for a wind break. After a while they take turns watching and sleeping. The tube tent set crosswise to the wind and a couple space blankets is plenty warm and the ground cover is reasonably soft and more importantly no hard lumps.

Max wakes up to another cold clear day definitely below freezing and the wind here on the cliff edge is pretty brisk, in the 10mph range, the chill factor makes it feel like 15f.

You and Clinton have a billy of tea and berries before picking up what you want to take with you back to camp.

 

When Max and Clinton get back to camp they find the rest of the group organizing for the day's activities.

Frostig Den Arbitus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Morning gents, what's on the agenda for this morning?" Realizing He and Max forgot something "We screwed up this morning, Max. We didn't leave an indicator of where camp was. We need to do that this evening, along with building a bit different signal fire so we don't have to risk freezing our butts off out on that point."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"True Clinton, We should do that.  So who's up for walking the coast to see what we can find? Fish, muscles, more seaweed. if we can get some fish maybe we can build a smoker In case the trap lines don't produce.  Also search or salvage anything to make better tools out of. Maybe something from the wreck has washed up. We'll hike a ways up from the wreckage one way then back, then a ways up the other direction then back to the start and back to camp, so it might take a good couple hours depending on how the terrain treats us. We can take it slow and safe. "  

Max gets his essentials ready for a hike and waits for someone to volunteer. In the meantime listens to any other ideas and sees if there's anything he can help with around camp.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brandon agrees to go to the water as well. But firstnfornthe mornings work. 

"OK guys order of events for today. We need to get the water system prepped for the camp. Defenses aren't looking to bad but we still need better weapons. Let's make sure we all have something and know how to use it before we leave camp this morning.

Next a team needs to comb the water. Nobody goes near the water alone. If someone gets swept in do not try to dive in for him. That is the fastest way to get crushed to pulp. Reach out a pole and if the person is lucky enough he may be able to grab it. Make sure to watch out for rogue waves. Best place to have a chance at shell fish is inside the tidal pools. May even be able to score something bigger. Check between the rocks that may have jammed items between them. Anything metal is gold here. Grab it and bring it away from the tide line."

Brandon checked the info they had found out on the tides to determine how much time they had between tides.

We will be careful to monitor when the tide starts to come back in.

We also need someone to make sure our supply of berries and tea is stocked up. When that is finished we need to stock up on firewood and get some for branches to start building some insulating wind blocks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"so, Brandon, does that mean your in on the shore hunt?" Max laughs in kidding. "dont worry I dont plan on going for a swim in these temps. as long as I dont go alone it dosnt matter to me. but the more the better if we find anything significant. we can hunt berries later."

Max means no offense in his comments they are more trying to break the scary seriousness that Brandon seems to have sometime while making the point. 

"bet your dinner we find my life vest with the ELT on it on the shore. haha doubt that sucker made it far."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tides here are like anywhere, two full cycles per day. Six hours from high to low, low to high, etc. etc. The real difference is tides at these latitudes are higher and lower than elsewhere, they can run around average 25', low to high mark in the Sound. It's frightening to watch up close, they come in FAST. I'll get back with actual times when you guys watch enough to make a rough chart. Ben's observations are few hours of one day's worth. Tides shift a few minutes every day as well, they run on a lunar calendar.  If you watch for a few minutes you'll be able to see which way it's flowing, up or down, in or out of the fjord.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Das, that's the difference in relatively young soldiers and old horse men. Soldiers take their buisness deadly serious, work hard and play hard, old horsemen tend to be buisness like but font get particularly exited. It's a matter of intensity, soldiers are intense in battle, and in their work habbits, this is a good thing, but counter productive around civilians and animals. An old horseman seems to take everything in stride, because if he gets exited so dose the stock, and animals tend to run first and ask questions latter. Civilians are the same, they either panic (some 80%) or they start thinking, this is why the military, law enforcement and EMS/fire rely so heavaly on trepetitive training. When Everthing goes side ways most folks panic, they either freeze or fall back on their training. Good horsemen have to learn to surprise the fight or flight response to a degree others don't, because horses rely so strongly on body language of  their leader to dictate their reaction. It's a relationship of trust, not unlike dancing. 

Brandon and Clinton are facing the same chalanges, they know a lot of the same things about staying alive in the bush, when 911 isn't an option. Brandon sees the needs and immediately goes to do them, he expects every one else to do their jobs, he is a soldier used to working with soldiers. Clinton sees needs, but dosnt move as fast, he is seriously concerned with spooking the rest of the "kids" Aaron needs looked after, as dose Ben. He is afraid of causing a panic or a fight if he starts moving to fast or starts acting the boss. 

As an exsoldier and a horseman I see both sides, it's real hard to keep that balance between the two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning Day4 Breakfast.

 

I take it Clinton and Brandon have stepped aside for palaver. A strong action plan is useful as is restraint and patience. Two out of three of the survivors are still shaky, handling them like an EMS might do the trick.

 

 

 

Clinton:   Palavering with Brandon.

 

Ben:    Is doing pretty well this morning, not full power but better. He's fetching and carrying and showing some sense. He's pretty eager to get going.

 

Brandon:    Palavering with Clinton.

 

Bruno:    Is still feeling punky he's not up to beach combing the shore line but can handle caring for Aaron. He's helped him to the latrine twice now since dawn. He's alert and seems up to camp duties.  

 

Max:   Max is making some preparations for exploring the pretty dangerous shore line. What are you packing Max?

 

Breakfast is over you're making final preparations to move out.

 

Frostig Den Arbitus.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I belive Brandon stated he was going with Max. Leaves Clinton and Ben Free... Brandon's trap line needs tending (only have an rough map, so that might have to wait till after they come the beach, or befor) the wind screen, camp defenses and water system may or may not need finishing, after that we are looking at how to get at that dang boat hull. Not being a seaman, and being a long time out of school I question wether Clinton would hit on what is in my head...

any way, short of figuring out how to overcome the wet so we can burn down 1/2 the forest as a big signal fire, looks like it's going to be settling in for the long haul, gathering food, fuel and scouting for salvage and materials.  

What dose Darrius propose? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max packs light for the shore line. Only the essentials if he's going to be going over rocks and such. He takes his knife of course. One of the empty orange bags for shellfish fish or other edibles. Takes one of the space blankets folded up in a pocket and cordage for multiple reasons one being a makeshift sack. Takes one of the long fish spears to also use for fishing, stability and checking questionable ground. Deciding that there's no help around and just in case he decides to take some first aid stuff.  Also some drinking water.

" who had that leatherman? We could possibly need that. "

Might not be too bad of an idea to wear a life jacket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good idea max with the life jacket. Brandon wants to check the trap line before he goes to the beach to make sure food is available when they get back. 

"Let's wait until I can scout around the wreck further before making a plan how to reach it. I want to look into the area around it.Max can help with that. What I'm looking for is how the rocks and bottom are resting. Where sure footing is. Where the tidal pools and strong eddies are. I need to know any large boulders around it and on the shoreline parallel to it."

Brandon has a few ideas but wants to wait before sharing them.

So Bruno is tending camp with Aaron.

Brandon and Max are checking the trap line then going to the beach to search.

That leaves Clinton and Ben. As group three. "Clinton do you think you can check the area for a large peak that's accessible? If we can set a signal high enough it has a better chance of being seen. Maybe we can get a better view of the land around and find something of value to us."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ok Brandon. Sounds like a plan. We can check the trap line first. I'll need to borrow someone's life jacket since I pitched mine in the ocean with the ELT on it.    Clinton is my size. Mind if I use your life jacket for the beach hike?"

"equipment sound good for the beach Brandon?  Hopefully we find something good. I agree with Clinton that we might be in it for the long haul. "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Scout access to a high point? Sure, not so sure I'm any kind of mountaineer, but I'll see what we can do." 

That's what a guy gets for askin' lol. So let's see about nailing down camp, and then see If Ben feels up to a bit of a leg stretch.

now highest would be best but accessibility and a reasonable travel time to the summit are acualy prime considerations. Atleast 1 Compleat emergency kit would be good, along with my sling and spear, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 4 moving out

 

Clinton: Gets with Ben to prepare for a day's exploring. Time to say what you're carrying. Going mountain climbing eh? Sunrise is about 0900 though it gets light sooner, you're planning on meeting in camp at noon. Yes?

 Ben: Is pretty happy to get out of camp and seems pretty alert and together for a change. Looking up he's muttering about how pretty the sunrise is.

Brandon: Coordinates with Max about what to take to check the trapline. Seeing as the trail to the boat wreck goes within 50 yards of camp they don't take the shore line exploring gear.

Bruno: Makes sure the camp water bag is full, there are berries and Aaron is comfortable. He plans on sharpening more stakes for the perimeter and doing some more trenching if he can leave Aaron.

Max: Is getting his gear together and before Brandon thinks of not needing the shore exploration gear he's wondering why NOBODY made a fish spear or for that matter any kind of spear other than Brandon's thrusting spear. It occurs to him just then he doesn't have a weapon at all other than a survival knife and he doesn't feel like repeating that episode in the legend of Davey Crocket.

While EVERYBODY in the group is standing there looking dumb struck Max selects a willow branch like a comic book oversized baseball bat and starts whittling to make a club.

Oh that's right Clinton tied a survival knife to a shaft so HE has a spear and a sling.

It's still below freezing but warming up and the sun feels good. The breeze is varying up to maybe 10mph. but not gusty.

I'll get back with you at noon.

Frostig Den Arbitus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 4. Hello?!

 

Ben: Is cheerful and keeps a running chatter of his observations, he's happy to be out exploring with Clinton. Clinton isn't as sharp and demanding as Brandon, Ben thinks Clinton likes him better so he likes Clinton more and he tries to do what Clinton says and make him happy. Ben is starting to come out of his shocky state and iis thinking more clearly but he's still a city kid in a strange world. As he and Clinton are crossing the spring fed stream near the first camp Ben takes a drink from the fast water where it's falling across rocks. He also selects a couple smooth lemon sized rocks and puts them in his pockets, he's pretty good at hitting things with a thrown rock. When they come to meadows he stops and admires the sheet of high red clouds.

Brandon: Is able to make quick work of his trap lines. Only the peanut butter bait is working, berries are just too common this time of year to get interest from animals that eat berries. He's answering Max's questions about the traps and placement.

Bruno: While tending Aaron and keeping the fire outside going he continues sharpening and placing stakes in the punji wall around the Tee Pee. He also starts experimenting with an atlatl and darts. He's never used let alone made one but from descriptions made by others he is able to make one. How well it works will depend a lot on practice and the darts. He also starts practicing with a sling. He watched Clinton weave para cord to make the pouch and after a few false starts gets one to work. His target is a sheaf of grass set about 50' from camp backed by open meadow so he can find darts from missed shots. He collects more sling stones by extending the trenches around camp.

Clinton: Heads towards the point closer to where their boat wrecked and takes Bruno's map book so they can expand it. Bruno had marked the point where the bench they were camped on turned and blended into the mountains above them. He figures this is a much better spot for a signal fire and flags but it's still heavily wooded and doesn't have a clear view of the sound so he and Ben start climbing the mountain side.

Approximately 2oo yards from the shore bluff they come to another, approximately 30' high and more weathered than the shore bluff. They have to spend almost an hour to find a place they can climb it without climbing a nearly shear face.

Max: Is watching how traps are placed and how Brandon makes and sets his deadfalls. All told the trap line bags another fat marmot. One snare had a catch but it was evidently eaten by something else, there are only blood stains, fur and scraps.

The explorers keep track of time and start back to camp for the noon meeting giving themselves half an hour to cover the distance.

Clinton and Ben have farther to go and are on top of the next bench above camp but are taking advantage to explore the bluff edge for possible points of good visibility. So far though, the trees are blocking clear view, even on the bluff/cliff edge.

Brandon and Max take a different path back to camp like Brandon did the time they saw the deer and bear. Bearing that in mind he's extra cautious and Max is sticking close and keeping his eyes open.

They're crossing a small meadow Brandon figures is less than ¼ mile from camp and a voice from the edge of the woods says, "Hi guys! Boy am I glad to see you, I've been following the smell of wood smoke for two days now. Do you have room on your boat for a cast away?"

(I'll give Brandon a +1 modifyer to save against peeing his pants because of his military experience.) Max has to make a straight 4 on a d6 to save against wetting his pants. Oh dudes! You both let go a little bit you're so startled, you literally walked right past the fellow and didn't see him till he spoke. Your tears of surprise aren't running down your legs but you both spotted pretty good.

Why spot? Well, you guys are standing less than 10' from a man in ragged outdoor gear, knee high rubber boots. An open camo jacket that looks water proof and insulated but pretty worn. It's over a red plaid chamois shirt with stuffed pockets. He's wearing dirty Levis with worn knees, full pockets and a belt. There is a belt knife and Leatherman or similar visible on the belt. A small day bag is on his back. At his feet is a 5gl plastic bucket with a 3gl. metal pail nested in it. Leaning against a small tree close to hand is a clam shovel.

You're up Dave, introduce yourself and tell your story.

Frostig Den Arbitus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys. My name is Dave, and I am super happy to see you! I bought myself an old fishing boat a few weeks back and sadly I capsized it trying to get to a beach for clams about five days ago. I have been wandering down(up?) the shoreline trying to find any sign of people since. Is there any chance I can tag along with you guys? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.