I Forge Iron

combo ID

52 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Might look in the reprints of the 100 year old sears & roebuck catalogs as they had a number of combo units being sold as I recall.

Thanks Thomas, one of the guys thought it may be a Sears. I'll look through the old S&R when time allows ...

Steve, it must be a slow grower...owner said it looked like that when he parked it 20 years ago.

I'm not sure if you noticed or could tell, but there is also a drill incorporated in the front jaw. The spindle is above the screw. The handle for the drill is broken off and was lost when hauled home from the auction. He said it was left on the bumper of the truck......What's his name...on the right in the bottom pic has his thumb and finger on the drive gear and crank casting for the drill. Maybe you can tell or already knew, but the back jaw with the anvil and horn is the moveable jaw.

One more thing that caught some interest was the bolt going into the teardrop opening in the base to provide for a clamp or something. We messed with it for a while and got the mouse nest out of the blower, added some oil here and there, and it all works...We wanted to fire it up, but thought best not ...until the cast iron pan was clayed. It was already broken and repaired...just a neat ole' tool         Life Is Good                    Dave

IIRC a lot (if not all) of the old S&R catalogs are available on the internet; but you would profit from a faster download speed than I have out here.  Oh well I'll trade thousands of acres of empty land out back of the house along with coyotes yodeling next door and hawks chowing down on the fence posts for speed on the access at cheap rates.

8 hours ago, Dave51B said:

Steve, it must be a slow grower...owner said it looked like that when he parked it 20 years ago.

Obviously it's growth was stunted due to smoking when young. :lol:

Well Thomas was about spot on again......Thanks, I found it in the S&R Spring 1915 catalogue #130v......"Vise, Anvil, Forge with Blower and Drill Attachments All in One"....$9 .  I can't seem to copy the Pic, but .......Life is Good           Dave 

39 minutes ago, Dave51B said:

"....$9

ill make a deal with you....$10 dollars, that's the highest I can go. You would even make a profit.

Littleblacksmith

4 minutes ago, littleblacksmith said:

ill make a deal with you....$10 dollars, that's the highest I can go. You would even make a profit.

Littleblacksmith

Ha, convert that to todays dollars....then multiply by ?.....If I owned that little jewel, I'd have to use a ladder to get into bed.     Dave

• 2 months later...
On May 15, 2016 at 9:19 AM, Dave51B said:

Ha, convert that to todays dollars....then multiply by ?.....If I owned that little jewel, I'd have to use a ladder to get into bed.     Dave

$9 in 1915 is about $215 today.