I Forge Iron

Prayer for my better half

You draw one heck of a metaphor Das. Best any of us can do is dodge the potholes we can and ride out the rest. I can't add anything of much worth to what you're already written Das, I would but I don't have anything to add but my unflinching support.

You bet we're invested Charles, we were before you told us about you and Sandy's pain.

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

until recent years in Vermont they would post pot Hole signs along the roads now about every mile or so there is Pot HoleS sign, Plus they got sick of posting signs on the road to our place and at the beginning there is a BUMPS sign. 

This is what life has become, our lives, families lives and national lives, see the news and it's ONE BIG BUMP!  Hang in there Charles & Sandy.  You're in our prayers and as I recently hurt a knee again I'm praying standing up so makes me closer to he who needs to hear, hope it helps.

Thank you , Notownkid. 

We saw the theropist yestorday, have confidence in her. Sandy seems to be coping better. I know she is still depressed and her anxiaty level is pumping the stopps, but she holding it together. We came home and took a nap, which I think did us both good. 

Today we go to have an ultrasound of her thyroid, and I see the cardiologist (ol'doc carpenter has given up on controlling my trigliserides, lol.) 

your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. We now have a team assembled, and we are ready to move forward. 

A team you trust is a massive step forward!  Take care of her; she must be a really special person to put up with a blacksmith...

As a diabetic I get my Blood Pressure and Cholesterol held firmly in check through chemistry and I also have hypo thyroidism another gift from my auto immune system..

Thanks, TP. Sandy is indeed a special lady, tho like most of the greats, she dosnt see it. 

Sandy is in the same boat with th thyroid, and after being gutted, she also has to take estrogen, so the doc orderd a pint of bloodwork so she can deal with any health issues that may be agrivating the anxiety and depression.

Infact we are on the way to pick up her meds, but we need to stop and let the doc know her depression is getting worse after a brief respite. 

Needless to say my stress level is on the rise, and with it my symptoms. After an exwife and raising two girls it's still with in my manageable level. Time to check in and have them up my level of care tho, house work, hard work and self care are starting to suffer. 

I know I don't have to tell you to check out the possible side effects of meds; even OTC stuff can mess up things the Dr prescribes and I've had some real doozy reactions in my time on stuff the same Dr put me on at the same time.  My wife used to work in a private hospital dedicated to that area of medicine and a lot of times it takes considerable effort to find the stuff that works for a particular person.  Don't let them try to get off easy!  Tell them there is a passle of mouth breathing knuckle dragging hairy blacksmiths with high pain tolerances and bad social skills that are keeping an eye on their handling the situation

Also try to get a decent diet and some time to rest the soul for yourself.  I like to make a large crockpot of a good stew and have it for eating as necessary---and it's a lot healthier than fast food! 

Back at the doc and theropist. Sandy's thyroid and female hormones are out of whack (not well managed with her current meds) vitamin D and B12 are wacked, general inflammation as well as thyroid spacific antigens as well as subclinical insulin resistance. 

Doc said she was fighting a loosing battle with the psyc meds, but she will get the medical issues strait so she can focus on fixing the right medication and dosage to manage that. 

I feel confident, the theropist reviewed the docs notes, so was already up to speed. I'm jealous, I wish my team was so intigrated, but I don't trust the local "non-profit" clinic that provides such services (delt with them in the past). So I guess I have to hold some docs feet to the fire... 

8 hours ago, Charles R. Stevens said:

So I guess I have to hold some docs feet to the fire... 

Dangle them over the forge and hit em with a hammer a few times. they generally tend to listen after that.

on the more realistic side of things. Hopefully everything will look up for you sooner rather then later

Progress is good, we're pulling for you.

I'll bet you wouldn't have to go any farther than show them and explain the use of the instruments involved in hot shoeing to get results. The inquisition developed the useful method here and there you know.

Frosty The Lucky.

Ahh, that one....Baby Steps, can she handle having a friend visit for a short while? Does she knit/crochet/quilt/?  Having a friend come over to sit and "work" can be very low key and low stress.  Maybe work up to a couple of friends.  Then a small low key dinner at home...gradually grow the pool of people and areas she is comfortable with.  Perhaps a visit to a town where nobody knows her or can "judge" her.  Don't rush things; like working a skittish horse, slow and easy and introducing new things slowly and letting them grow accustomed to them.   Hmm could she take meeting some people online?  I'd be happy to spend some time "talking".  My mother is from OK, down near Altus. (The actual "town" their farm was near is down to just the cotton gin even most of the houses are gone.)  Show her some of your early posts to reassure her that her typing can't be worse than yours was...and we accepted it as part of your charm...(I treated it like I do when I'm trying to read Dutch---let your eyes unfocus and go phonetically...) 

Charles, I only just found this thread -- so sorry to have missed it earlier. Deepest sympathies, my friend; I've been down that road myself, when my wife needed to be committed for suicidal depression several years ago. It was right at the lowest point in our marriage, too, and just after I had been diagnosed with dysthymia (chronic low-grade depression, the kind that flied under the radar for decades). God's mercy alone that we all survived. The only thing I can say is that the road is different for everyone, but (as Churchill said) when you're going through hell, KEEP GOING!

Love and prayers,
John

Thank you Thomas I'll pass along your offer. It's kind of hit and miss, we have good friends that she is confortable going to see (some are "reality challenged" lol) and Lynn invited us out to dinner at the little local Mexican joint, wich she gladly exepted. Then again the other day a neighbor cupple came over with their little ones and she hid in the house. They are both vets, and completely understood (found my relife goat milker!). But as she works as electronic gaming associate at one of the states largest cosinos... Lets say it's debilitating. 

JHCC, I don't know if it's easer that I have, and still walk this road myself or not. I think for her it is a blessing, for me it is very painful. 

I took a bit of a hit in the beginning, but as we have a (murky) path forward I have righted myself. It has shaken loose a few things I have neglected to address with my medical and psychological team. 

5 minutes ago, Charles R. Stevens said:

I took a bit of a hit in the beginning, but as we have a (murky) path forward I have righted myself. It has shaken loose a few things I have neglected to address with my medical and psychological team. 

Better shaken loose than shaken apart, I suppose. Even if some things can't be fixed, at least it's better to identify and address them.

I've got a lot of stories from my Mothers childhood I can share...Last visit we went by the cemetery, of course, and she told me why one tombstone was engraved with the name of a great uncle who had paid for it as nobody else in the family would contribute for it and that annoyed him...