I Forge Iron

Prayer for my better half

Finding the right medication is hard, as they are looking at the symptoms, and as they can't take a bold or urin sample and see the exact cause of your symptoms it's a best guess scenario.

Dont give up, it helps, it buys you some breathing room. I think doctors and patients are often unrelistic in this, they hope to eliminate our symptoms, when infact the best we can hope for is to reduce them. 

Once we have some relief, we can start to learn heathy and socially appropriate ways to manage it, one has to to see a psycoligest, not only are they the only ones acualy qualified to administer the existing tests to diagnose our ills they spent 8 years studying psychology, wile a doctor spent 6 studying medicine and 2 in a work study program for psychiatry. They have the tools to help you except that will power alone won't make this go away. Their are tools. I already used meditation, originally taught to me by a school nurse to mange cluster headaches (migraines big brother) proud to on by stress (I was the little kid that was smart in class and dumb on the bus) then I was exposed to eastern style meditation threw martial arts. But nothing is like working with bio feedback.

Bottom line is it takes a team effort to get a handle on this $!??. 

Dont give up, don't craw in the bottle or use drugs, that's what causes the most problems the news always focuses on guns and mental health, but drug and alcohol abuse is the #1 cause or violence in this country. Bottom line don't self medicate.   

Lastly, things proven to help, exercise, diet, their are things like aniline dye (red food coloring mad from South American Beatles) and other alergins  that can make things worse (milk and wheat are big offenders) not every one is effected, but food allergies can contribute, especially in kids. But foods help as well, DHE is an omega 3 fatty acid only found in animal fats than is vital to brain growth (a woman can lose 10% of her brain mass if denied omega 3's to oroduce a brain for her child). But as only women can produce it from other omega 3's we men have to eat it, fish or krill oil works if your of the vegitarian bent. 

Beating hot steel, pets, dear friends all help.

its a life long commitment, but we the afflicted are often the ones who pave the way for others, who step in to the breach to protect them, who quietly set down a $20 to make sure that young mother who is counting out change can buy food for he child. And for this we are feared. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Alan, I have 11 ladies busily making pasture raised eggs as I type, pasture raised lamb on the hoof, and pasture raised pork in the offing as well. Next year will bring goat to the tabble (assuming they arnt all doelings) 

oh and let's not forget pasture raised, unpasteurized goat milk.

hope the add rabbits next year as well, as plucking chickens is a real pain in the butt. But then again I have a turkey setting as well. 

Garden is a wash at the moment, with the last three months kind off going sideways, but our local grocer buys local when they can. 

Charles, you've been nothing but helpful whenever you replied to my questions, and those times I've seen you respond to others. Thank you for this kindness and the welcome you have shown, it speaks volumes of your character. Prayers your way for you both.

Thank you Kaylee,

las way of an update, I get to pick sandy up at 19:00 and bring her home (baring desaster in the next few hours. 

That said, all your prayers and support has been of great help, hold on just a little longer, as we still have a bit to go to set her up with some good doctors. 

Hope all is well.

re. your chicken plucking....I am given three or four dozen pheasants every year...Most of which we just open up the skin and take off the breast meat for us and take off the legs and thighs for the dogs. . If we want a whole bird for the table we just skin them rather than pluck. Fat under the skin on a pheasant can have an awkward flavour so it pays to replace it with bacon fat anyway...I have only ever plucked the few chickens and ducks I have done, but it might be worth your while trying to skin them to save time and feathers!

Having said that, I used to watch an old boy who had a chicken field and some sheds behind Alan Knight's forge. When he prepared a batch of his chickens for Christmas birds he was very slick. Plucked, drawn and dressed in just over five minutes. He never appeared to be moving fast either!

Alan

Thank you Jerry and Ian. We are on the road to see her new shrink. Sandy is irritable this morning, and as she is normal Okie driver (aggressive) that is not a good combination. I may need to be hospitalized my self befor we get their...

iritable is not normal for Sandy, or at least expressing it isn't, so I am a bit concerned. 

I will try to remember not to pluck the rabbits, I do like the 60 seconds from hutch to frying pan thing. 

On ‎13‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 3:52 AM, Charles R. Stevens said:

I have tried skinning them, had better luck plucking. Much better outside than in my kitchen, lol.

I also don't bother dressing plucking and pulling pheasants ,I just unzip them there is no meat on the back, cut the skin by the crop and pull it apart over the breast and legs .then fillet the breasts of with a filleting knife cut the legs off " p s I don't like them to high".

My granddad also used to say to much game can make you bad as it is hard to digest ?.

We sa the doc, slight up tick on the antidepressant, an additional sleep aid, and another as needed anti-anxiety drug. But as they are a rap around clinic, a slew of bood test, and a promise to try and reduce the needed meds latter. The lady makes me comfortable, and I don't like most shrinks. 

Tomarow we start with the therapist. 

Last night after I posted, Sandy's ex sister-in-law called and they had an old fashion boohoo. 

Land we dropped off more papers at the lawyers office. 

This afternoon she seems to have a bit of peace, so one hopes we are on the right path. Tho I know from experiance pot holes abound. 

Keep running good tires and check em as needed for potholes. :) I live in Pennsylvania. All we have are potholes and construction on our roads. 

Its always a road we are on. Enjoy the smooth parts. Good luck with the therapist tomorrow.