I Forge Iron

Prayer for my better half

I am setting in the ER with Sandy, she like me suffers from mental health issues. Things have pulled her down to the point that she will be admitted to the hospital for a bit to give her and the docs a chance to get a handle on things. 

She is dealing not only with depression and anxiety, but with her divorce and her knot head son being in jail again. 

So my friends, your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.   

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles,

Marg. & I have added you both to our list of prayers and intentions, daily and at Sunday mass. Hang in there, things will get better. You're not the only ones on meds.

Best wishes and best regards,

Dan.   ( a. k. a.    SLAG.)

Thank you Mr and Mrs Slag, funny how many of us have never met but we are so invested in each other's well bein.

thank you Glenn, this has been coming to a head for a wile. And despite knowing dang well she needed more than my hairy shoulder to lean on, no one wants to admit they need help. Almost to late by the time she admitted it. 

For those that don't already "get it" mental health issues that present with "disphoria" are fare deadlier than most any other illness. Suiside clames more servicemen and women than combat, and over 1/2 of all "gun violence" is self inflicted. Learn the symptoms and be there for your loved ones, or you will soon feel their pain first hand. 

Our prayer are headed your way, I understand the issues, while never having suffered personally I was in emergency services for +30 yrs and dealt with all aspects of it, some quite unpleasant. Hang in there, and if you have a chance Drop Kick that son of hers into the middle of next week. 

Best of luck to you and your family. I've been in your sons and your wife's shoes on that one. I think I've turned out alright. With your support, I'm sure they will both come out ahead. You're definitely not alone here brother. 

thank hou Mr and Mrs Chochrn

and to you Das Wolf. 

I am just now home, the goat is squirting milk when she walks. Sandy will be in for at least 7 days, probably into midweek of week after next. 

Mots a verable thing when your brain desides that it is time to chemically act as if your best friend died, and the well meaning peaple that tell you to pull yourself together, or not to worry about it don't know they are really throwing fuel on the fire. 

We love you, we will be here to help you get threw this, that's what we need to hear. And exactly what you all are saying, thank you. 

Greetings Charles,

.          Keep the faith. Do what we all do as blacksmiths .  When things are not working for you just put it back in the fire and start again.. We all have been there . 

Prayers on the way..  Forge on

Jim

We all suffer pride to our detriment I don't know if I'll ever get past that little issue.  Try not let your own mood get ahead of you without asking for help yourself Charles. A wet shoulder can be a terribly burden carry alone. Especially when it's not enough. I've been mighty down myself and stood by friends who have been as well, I know from first hand experience the sufferer has to seek the help themselves. The sufferer isn't the only one to suffer.

I wish I knew how to help better than just be here.

Frosty The Lucky.

Update,

Sandy was admitted this morning about 6, due to critical lack of head space in Oklahoma, this was over 12 hours after going to the ER (only way to find a bed). And an hour and a quarter from home. Tho she can call for a brief time, she will not be able to have visitors till  Wednesday and the soonest she could be released would be next Saturday (not likely) but I suspect next Wednesday would be more realistic. 

When you can, while you can, and how you can, show her the love in her life. for me it's understanding others love that saves me from causing them pain. we are all flawed. we just have to do our best to think straight in rough situations, which aint easy some times. knowing people care helps alot. showing You care helps others. We can only do what we can do and hope for the best sometimes. Good luck my friend. keep us updated and we are here if you need us.