I Forge Iron

Grizzly Model: G1015 2x72 Belt Grinder

So i have managed to get a pretty good deal on a Grizzly 2x72 beltgrinder. It is a major upgrade from my 1/3hp 1x42 belt grinder so im stoked. I just wanted to know if there are any modifications needed to really get the most out of this grinder or out of the box is it pretty much ready to rock and roll?

• 3 years later...

It's been long time since you posted it. So how is it going? Do you still use this? From some online research (like this [commercial link removed]) I got some insights and reviews on this particular model from Grizzly. I hope it works perfectly, and I would like to purchase one for myself. 

Cheers,

Robert

Edited by Mod34
Commercial link removed per TOS

There are a number of threads on IFI from folks who have used the Grizzly; the consensus seems to be that it's a halfway decent entry level machine, but that you should invest in a more professional level grinder like a KMG or a Bader if you have the money.

List reviews like the one you linked (before it was deleted by the mods) are pretty worthless: they're almost never written by actual professionals and are almost always barely altered rewrites of the manufacturers' advertising copy. 

2 hours ago, Robert B. Martin said:

It's been long time since you posted it. So how is it going? Do you still use this? From some online research (like this [commercial link removed]) I got some insights and reviews on this particular model from Grizzly. I hope it works perfectly, and I would like to purchase one for myself. 

Cheers,

Robert

The grinder works fine for my needs which are definitely hobby level so you can take this with a grain of salt there. I did make one modification to this grinder which is to remove the shield on the small wheel at the top of the grinder. Alignment was a bit annoying and sometimes the edge of the belts would bite into the shield which was bad and wrecked a couple belts starting out. Other than that i have zero bad things to say about it and frankly for the price i think its a great tool especially on sale.