I Forge Iron

Mikey needs some prayers.

Frosty

Mike Porter, AKA "Mikey 98118" suffered a stroke a couple days ago. His wife Kathy got in touch with me to let me know by picking contacts from his computer.

She Emailed me this morning and he's doing pretty well, a little loss of coordination in the fingers of his right hand and his right eye is bleary as well. It's going to be a while before we hear from him again but his doctors say his prognosis is good for a full recovery. It'll be a while, he has to learn to speak, and such but it should go well.

Prayers on his and Kathy's behalf would be a good thing. Kathy is just learning about what she needs to know, so she can learn to DO it.

Frosty The Lucky.

I just got an email from Kathy and Mike's doing pretty well. He's on his feet enough to do some light house chores. He can spend a little time on the computer before he gets a beginning headache and can watch a little TV before he needs a break. This is much farther faster than I managed, it was 6-7 weeks before I could figure out the remote control.

The speed he's coming along is strong testament to fast reactions by 1st. responders and modern medicine. Keep up the prayers though gang they help, LOTS.

Ian, NO more trend setting for YOU! How are you dong brother?

Frosty The Lucky.

I know they're different Charles but the affects can be very similar. The impact caused an intercerebral bleed so there wasn't much they could do but put me in a medically induced coma and keep their fingers crossed. No way to drain the blood without slicing into my brain. I haven't asked Kathy if Mike had a dry or wet stroke, there's a lot more difference between wet and dry than a burst aneurysm and what happened to me.

A lot of the damage can be very similar if the causes are different. I did WAY too much reading about the things than I can remember trying to get a handle on coping techniques and skills.

Frosty The Lucky.

True enugh, tho short of a ruptured aneurism modern medicine dose a pretty fair job of minimizing the damage courses by strokes, seams to be stroke week, my knees are getting sore, 3 folks I know close to moms plus Mike and Ian. 

Certainly glad you had a thick skul tho, and Ian is on the mend, would mis you two, and Mike has more than grown on me, tho he doesn't seem to be contakerus enugh yet

I'm doing well, Notown, thanks for asking.  I have my first follow up on Wednesday, X-rays to make sure all the parts are where they should be, then back to work Thursday.

But seriously let's not have all the IFI'ers competing to get on the prayer list now!!!!  This has been an insane run of bad breaks for IFI folks.   

Full release back to society, for better or worse, no physical restrictions except he said for 6-12 months I really shouldn't get in a car wreck or fall on my head (until the new bone fully fuses).  I will studiously try to avoid both!

Glad to hear Mikey and Ian updates.  We all take our health for granted, don't we, until one of our parts malfunctions.