I Forge Iron

47 minutes ago, Bud in PA said:

OK when are you going to do Elmer Fudd?:D

lol I have no idea.

14 minutes ago, jumbojak said:

Are the eyes just built up weld bead or is there something else there?

eyes are ball bearings i sort of messily welded on. :rolleyes:

15 minutes ago, jumbojak said:

Are the eyes just built up weld bead or is there something else there?

Okay, now that I have my glasses on I can see something distinctly round. I'm still not used to these things.

Das uses ball bearings a lot. They are highly prized by scrapologists!

29 minutes ago, jumbojak said:

Get the TIG out!

You are very right! Wagner has another date in the shop for touch ups, so I'll give it a go. :) 

10 minutes ago, scrapartoz said:

Nice work ! I love the toes.

Thanks Andrew. I've realized nuts make great toes on some critters. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Ivan said:

Another great display piece. Nice work Aric. You definitely capture motion well. I 2nd you getting that tig welder out more often though :D. I can always tell your posts by the titles before i see your name under it lol. 

Thanks Pete. :) I'll get the tig out this weekend and start practicing.  

Some new pictures after cleaning Wagner up. I applied a little hydrogen peroxide last night and will try a little more to experiment at getting him to a nice light rust brown color  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 minute ago, JME1149 said:

The chickens don't seem to mind him being in the yard, just be careful not to hit Wagner with the lawnmower or you might end up with more parts to work with.

lol I'll keep him inside for now. yeah that would do a number. doubt it's be the worst thing i've found while mowing.

My homemade rust mix is a bottle of drugstore peroxide, couple tablespoons of vinegar and a tablespoon or two of salt (I never actually measure, these are guesstimates).  I've wow'ed friends before by spraying it on bare steel and watching rust form instantly.  I continue to apply until I get the rust effect I want.  I was actually gonna suggest you try rusting da pesky rabbit!

2 hours ago, SpankySmith said:

My homemade rust mix is a bottle of drugstore peroxide, couple tablespoons of vinegar and a tablespoon or two of salt (I never actually measure, these are guesstimates).  I've wow'ed friends before by spraying it on bare steel and watching rust form instantly.  I continue to apply until I get the rust effect I want.  I was actually gonna suggest you try rusting da pesky rabbit!

I'll give it a try. Thanks Spanky! I I think he would look goo in a rusty brown. :)