ianinsa

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2015 at 6:04 AM, Charles R. Stevens said:

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:57 AM, Ridgewayforge said:

A quick update . I'm doing well!  ihad the second(last) set of staples removed today(could'nt believe they had used 45) anyhow the the doctors were cuffed at just how quickly I've recuperated. I suppose that means I can try going for a mile long walk this evening:D(I recon if I tried I would have to report back on just how severe a kicking I got from the dearly beloved:rolleyes:. I would very much like to thank you all for the prayers, kind thoughts and well wishes over the last three weeks, it really has been a boon in some dark moments.

Thank you friends.

Ian

26 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

Did you ask for the staples?  Probably could figure a way to add them to a billet....

Keep on getting better please!

I'll second those thoughts both the making a cool billet and keep getting better.

Dale

Yes, I did ask for the staples and he laughed, he noted that my wife had accompanied me into the surgery section but left pretty sharpish when he took the staple removing tool out:D he then also said the government might Want to kick him about a bit if they got the idea that he might not be disposing of " medical waste" in the approved manner. So No billet! Anyhow thank goodness they were low carbon.

So glad you are on the mend.

Of course unlike you I now have staples on the brain.  The surgeon didn't have much of a sense of humour or he would have had you in stitches. The whole hospital sounds a bit like a clip joint...sounds like the food was pretty basic, given the staple diet.

Cue Frosty.... :)

Alan

8 minutes ago, Alan Evans said:

So glad you are on the mend.

Of course unlike you I now have staples on the brain.  The surgeon didn't have much of a sense of humour or he would have had you in stitches. The whole hospital sounds a bit like a clip joint...sounds like the food was pretty basic, given the staple diet.

Cue Frosty.... :)

Alan

This is kind of a gimme topic to pun isn't it Alan? Oh well sutureself.

I did get to keep a couple of the Ti plates they took out of my arm, they just had to autoclave them and they were good to go.

Good to see you posting Ian. How's your sense of smell and taste? I'm still teaching my brain what spices actually smell and taste like, instead of what it remembers. I still smell random odors pretty regularly, at least dog crap isn't quite as stinky as it used to be. What kind of "silver lining" is that I ask you?

Heal fast and well brother.

Frosty The Lucky.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 8:57 PM, Frosty said:

Good to see you posting Ian. How's your sense of smell and taste? I'm still teaching my brain what spices actually smell and taste like, instead of what it remembers. I still smell random odors pretty regularly, at least dog crap isn't quite as stinky as it used to be. What kind of "silver lining" is that I ask you?

Heal fast and well brother.

Frosty The Lucky.

Smell and taste seem unaffected,(except single malt doesn't seem as good as it did) however my blood glucose levels are all over the chart they recon its temporary but for now I'm on a diabetic diet(read none of the good stuff), Frosty those "random odors " are called farts:). Alan it would seem modern surgeries are sort of art and crafts using glue and staples!

Charles, yes peel it open cut a couple of holes(oddly. square not round) fiddle around inside pop the lids back with some superglue, put the flap back and staple closed sort of easy peasy

When I had back surgery a few yrs. back they glued me together.  When I had my first post operative X I told the surgeon I knew all about the stuff as my X wife was on an very early research group at Dartmouth Med school experimenting with it on rats.  36-38 yrs ago.  They also used it on humans as well.  Every night over supper I heard about it.  They were using it in the brain area then.  They were using real super glue to start. 

when I worked at a steel plant they kept crazy glue at all the lines to quickly glue cuts and nicks.  I think I read somewhere recently that staples are becoming more and more rare as the surgical glue improves.  Ian, maybe the staples were an homage to your smithing?  :P

14 hours ago, ianinsa said:

Smell and taste seem unaffected,(except single malt doesn't seem as good as it did) however my blood glucose levels are all over the chart they recon its temporary but for now I'm on a diabetic diet(read none of the good stuff), Frosty those "random odors " are called farts:). Alan it would seem modern surgeries are sort of art and crafts using glue and staples!

Charles, yes peel it open cut a couple of holes(oddly. square not round) fiddle around inside pop the lids back with some superglue, put the flap back and staple closed sort of easy peasy

I've learned to recognize farts again there are other random smells though, I think I'll name one Ian. :lol:

What are your glucometer averages? Jumping all over the chart is (or was) called "brittle" and is typical of your system being stressed. Mine starts jumping up and down if I'm coming down with a bug, injure myself or am feeling stressed. Yours should settle down as your brainwaves adopt their more usual wonky patterns.

I LOVE super glue it was developed during the Vietnam war I believe as a no stitch suture. It's good stuff in the 1st. aid kit. If you use the stuff for gluing on finger nails it has an anti biotic in it, not like many bugs can survive a quick splash of super glue. Still every little bit helps.

I don't suppose gluing your head together would've left you with any sexy scars. maybe you'd annoyed the surgeon at some point?

Frosty The Lucky.