I Forge Iron

21 hours ago, matto said:

Scrapartoz if you don't mind me asking how many hours do you have in a piece? And is this what you do for a living??

Hi Matto , I think this horse took 4 months full time and over 2 years part time but I completed 2 other commissions in that period so I could only guess at the hours. I am doing art full time now as I retired from a road construction job last year . prior to that I was a farmer , Army Tank driver and Commander , Diesel Mechanic , Road Rescue and fire Brigade Trainer and  Road  Construction Plant  Operator .. I finished up working as a traffic controller (stop & Go Bat) as nobody wanted the job and there is never much traffic so I could get out my sketch pad and plan my weekend art while getting paid doing it on another job. 

Very cool and it is always cool learning where people come from.  I also like more of the art realm of metal work.  Mine is more on the modern/contemporary sculpture side.  Really love your work.  The horse and rider and the seamstresses are absolutely amazing.   

Scrapartoz it is under construction right now.  Here are a couple pics of what I do.image.jpeg.51de85bd5efcf109a9cb7736a802f

stone and steel tableimage.jpeg.ff3baae4fc7897e8ee6e22c9bf148

cold form with skid steer and concrete braker 4.5'image.jpeg.c1b44d38c069b635a3dc96a1d476f

bad pic but it is a 30' mild steel wall hand grinder for texture auto clear coat.image.jpeg.b9e2d2ecc1ff5f38cfb45528b2832

metal and alder burl tableimage.jpeg.f600fa99a9302c242e1eb3e2f3f68

family tree.

Yes I have done a couple of walls this way with different patterns. Have also done a bar down town.  The wall in the pic all the case work is steel strapping.  All the case work in that house is steel.