I Forge Iron

Looking for help.

Hello my name is Anthony. I just moved here with my girlfriend to Bakersfield from Ohio about 4 months ago. We have been dating for 2 years and have been friends for what seems like a lifetime. The reason I come to this forum is, if you couldn't guess by the title, it's come time to pop the question. However the problem is, the ring. Yes I could go to any store and buy her a very beautiful very amazing ring that I know she would love, but I know some where out in the world there is another ring just like it. I can't have that. In my eyes a woman as unique as her needs a ring to match. Hence why I am here. I am trying to find a local talent to help me with my issue. "FOR THE ONE RING" sorry couldn't resist. 

But really even a point in the right direction would be great. Like I said I'm completely new to the state and I know it has some hidden treasures. I'd just like to dig one of those up for her.

Thanks.

Welcome aboard Anthony. Congratulations! I met my wife online when I was 45 and we got married quickly enough to scare all our friends and families. Anyway, we wanted something unique and not so traditional, neither of us wanted a diamond though I did foolishly opt for a fire opal. It didn't last too fragile for rings.

Anyway, I'd been an online friend of James Binnion for a few years and he made our rings. They're Mokume Gane from: red gold, white gold, yellow gold and silver. I specified a simple twist even though Jim really wanted to do something flashier. He twisted the billet, rolled it back into a square billet and sawed it in half. My ring is one half, Deb's is the other. Our rings are the same piece of metal and show a mirror image of the other one.

Nobody on the planet has a ring like ours and until someone invents a replicator nobody will.

If you decide to have Jim make you rings tell him Frosty sent you. It won't get you a discount but he might not charge you too much extra. Search "James Binnion Metal Arts." He used to have our rings somewhere but I didn't search long enough, the ones on the front page show you the possibilities and he'll know what you are talking about with mirror image patterns. Say hi from Frosty.

Frosty The Lucky.