I Forge Iron

First Burn

GlassCowboy86

I needed to do something this evening, my 6 month old little girl had to admitted to Cooks Childrens Hospital earlier today, she has RSV a respiratory virus. We took her to Cooks yesterday, they gave us a machine to give her breathing treatments and sent her home. She was getting worse, so we took her back and they admitted her. I had to be the one to come home and look after our 2 year old son, I put him to bed hours ago, so I have been sitting around thinking about my little girl. So instead of stewing on it and worrying and ripping out my hair, I decided to get my burner assembled and give it a shot. Please let me know if you have any Constructive criticism or advice on how to get this thing running as best it can. I know it needs to be tuned and worked on a bit, I just wanted to fire it up and see what y'all thought. Thank you. This is a slightly modified version of the Frosty T burner. Thank you for all of your help Frosty.

20160112_222655.mp4

20160112_222310.mp4

First of all best wishes concerning your daughter.

Concerning your burner:

There shouldn't be any flame at the rear of the  burner.  I suspect you have some propane leakage issues back there. 

And Frosty is gonna want to know some additional info on what you are using for a jet and what size it is?

Also how are you adjusting/controlling your propane pressure and what do you have it set to?

Regards,

Bob

Prayers for your daughter and the family on the way from Alaska.

There shouldn't be ANY flame coming out of the air intake ports. Seeing as it's only coming out of one port it looks like the mig tip is out of alignment. That will inhibit induction more than enough to cause it to burn that rich but you could still have too large a tip. What size mig tip is it? I believe this is the 3/4" burner we've been talking about?

Frosty The Lucky.

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Prayers for your daughter and the family on the way from Alaska.

There shouldn't be ANY flame coming out of the air intake ports. Seeing as it's only coming out of one port it looks like the mig tip is out of alignment. That will inhibit induction more than enough to cause it to burn that rich but you could still have too large a tip. What size mig tip is it? I believe this is the 3/4" burner we've been talking about?

Frosty The Lucky.

I believe that my mig tip jet wasn't seated properly and that was causing some slight leakage which caused the flame out the back end. I did some change up and reconfiguring to get rid of that. So that is no longer an issue. The mig tip is a .035 and yes it's the 3/4 burner we've been talking about.

37 minutes ago, Bud in PA said:

I don't know about burners, but as a father and a grandfather you and your little girl have my prayers.

Thank you, and thank the rest of you for all the prayers and well wishes for my little Gidget! She was released to come home last night, she's doing a lot better, though we aren't quite out of the woods yet! But breathing treatments and medication are definitely helping and it's no longer life threatening as long as she doesn't get any other sickness to compound it. So she is being spoiled and all of my "normal" rules for letting her cry and self soothe and not picking her up anytime she cries, have gone right out the window!

now if I can get this burner tuned to where I'd like it, we will be good to go! Lol.