I Forge Iron

migrant blacksmith

Adrien

Hi everyone

My name is Adrien.

I live actually in South Africa until July 2016.

I am French. I am 20 years old.

I actually working with a artist blacksmith in Cape Town during 3 months again, but I want to visit more workshops and discover more technics.

It's why I a chose to contact all of you. My plan it's to do a trip of several blacksmith workshops in South Africa during 3 or 4 months.

I don't do that for money, for me it's juste a great expérience for learn this beatiful and varied job.

About my expérience :

It's been 5 years since I started playing the Hammer in France a cross différent workshop and régions.

In the begening a learn métalworking but I chose to become a artist Blacksmith.

This year a chose to live this experience in South Africa because I love this wonderful country and meet some different cultures. It is also to work my English...

I come in Cape Town in Septembre since the first week when I arrive I find a work and a house in Cape Town...

But for the end of my year  here I want to travel and meet some other blacksmith.

If someone are interested about my project and wants to know more about my work send me a pm.

Just some weeks or days with you, in your workshop in your town it's gonna be a great exchange and sharing moments.

This trip will also help to know the South African blacksmith in France.

Thanks for your help

Best regard

Adrien Corbin

Hi Adrian, I'm currently on a months holiday at my home in Uhmlanga near Durban. However as per usual I'm always ready to offer free accommodation to traveling blacksmiths at my place in Kyalami in Johannesburg , I have a large fully equipped shop there. Furthermore depending on timing we may be able to help with accommodation in Natal as well. I will E-mail you soon( say in 2 weeks) I'll also see if I can organize something with some other smiths.

Regards Ian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Adrien, I'm back at my place in Johannesburg.  And would once again like to extend the invitation! I'm located at 69 pine Rd Kyalami . Cnr. Zinnia. If you wish to Google Earth it just type "69 pine road, Midrand" on your google screen to see the location. Its right across the road from the Kyalami castle. My e-mail address in ian214(at)live.com  I thought I had a e-mail address for you but I seem to have mislaid it.

Regards Ian