I Forge Iron

Post vise. I have four

Locksmithjoe

Thank U Mr.Powers. Amazing how close things can B.I don't know why I never thought 2 ask if they had the coal, when I've seen the farrier's tools,horseshoe stock,etc. there, @ Tractor Supply. So, on your vises, R any of the 4 available, 8" ? I'm still seriously interested, regardless. Thanx 4 your time. Been @ a Bible study & supper"Festival of Lights", tonite, after diggin 15 postholes this afternoon. "Holey-work".Hopefully go get some Anthracite tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

You have a postvise.  They were made by hundreds of different manufacturers in several countries many who did not stamp their names on them. They are often found with parts traded around between different ones.  Knowing what country YOU are in might help a bit  as american vises are rare in England; but english vises are not rare in America.

The true measure of the state of a postvise is the state of the screw and screwbox as most other vise issues are easily and cheaply fixed but a worn out or damaged screw/screwbox isn't.

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely interested Ironman, I've been busy lately with roofin work, which has been the most consistent, &promising employment 4 me, here in New Mexico. I roughly average $50 per day, or more, depending on hrs, @ $8/hr. My phone # is (575) 415-6497, if we can still make a deal. Not 2 B greedy, but I am interested in purchasing more than 1. I seriously want as heavy-duty as I can get ahold of, as well as 1 lighter-duty. Thanx, if U still have it available.