I Forge Iron

What did you get for Christmas?

Got to spend 5+ days with all our kids, spouses, and our GRANDSON! Got the book "Werk und Werkzeug des Kunstshmieds" which doesn't take that long to read BUT the drawings and photos really slow you down! GREAT book. Also a hot cut chisel from Kayne & Sons and a gift card to Home Depot. Spent several hours with the youngest son (he's 26) at the forge and helping him with mig welding.

Got some new DVD's, the usual skivvies, t-shirts, etc. etc.

Wife hooked me up with a set of new drill bits for the drill press. (Sniff, love that woman!)

But my mother-in-law really shocked me:o--leather welding/blacksmithing apron, welding gloves, and rod holder set; locking welding clamp, several large carabiner clips for hanging tools, and a set of transfer punches. :D (which was everything I had circled in the Habba Flate ad, and I was planning on going to pick up at the next available chance!)

Tools under the tree ROCK!!

-aaron

I got....
-4GB Mp3 PLayer
-Bench grinder, variable speed
-Backyard Blacksmith
-Round and sqaure stock, think it's 1018, at least that's what my dad said it was at the stockplace
-Clothes
-DVDs
-Shatterproof goggles/glasses for grinder etc...
-One of the five family heirloom hand-and-a-half sword to polish up and display in my room. (200 Years old, from africa, will get pix if i can)

I got a 25$ gift certificate at barnes and noble. I'm thinking of putting that towards a copy of Machinery's Handbook.

I got the machinery's handbook for xmas... I wish I would have had it a long time ago. I received the latest one (2004), but just to let you know the 2008 one should be out in march I believe.

got a new planishing hammer and some mini anvils(up to almost 50 now!)....they were for my birthday not christmas though....same day so close enough! LOL.

I did get a new leather recliner for christmas...a relaxing place to read up on my blacksmith books and somewhere to draw out new projects!

I feel guilty for this year......I came out so good I feel like a thief! LOL!!!!!

Peyton