you have plenty of good edge there, you dont want sharp edges.

unless you know exactly what you are doing trying to fix the edge will ruin the anvil

Nice looking Fisher. I'd leave the edges alone myself. I don't see anything there that you can't work around.

are all your friends edges sharp?  Doubtful!  It will work just fine like it is esp. once you are use to it. 

I see plenty of good edge on either side. I wouldn't try fixing the edges until the clean ones look like the worn ones in a "few" years lol

Well you could round them a bit more; but they are fine the way they are.  Tell your friend that "Practical Blacksmithing" published 125 years ago talks about "who would be so stupid as to have sharp edges on their anvil" as they create cold shuts on your work....

Nothing wrong with the edges, might, MIGHT want a little smoothing if YOU want. Suggest to your friend he buy his own anvil if he gets insistent.

Frosty The Lucky.

When you use the anvil AS IS, what is it you are NOT able to accomplish?  

You sure that a rounded edge will insure that you ciukd accomplish the same task?

Try this before you touch the grinder to the anvil. Get a piece of 1/2 inch plate and round or radius the edge as you plan to round or radius the anvil. Weld a hardie post to the plate and set it on top of the anvil. Did you notice any vastly improved blacksmithing ability due to the rounded or radiuses edges? Please let us know how it worked out for you.

What you have there is an anvil with 'additional features' ........the only thing you need to do is learn how you use them ;)