I Forge Iron

Devil Forge Single Burner

Elvirth

I'm sure you're quite right about them, and furthermore, I'll bet a certain amount of repair work will have to be done on their burners too; their products are cheap at a cheap price; anyone expecting more than this is living in a dream world. On the other hand people can buy American at full price and still end up with unsatisfactory equipment; Ive heard a lot of grumbling about that from people who hate their high priced unsatisfactory forges...

Or people can buy one of the few satisfactory forges on the market for quite a lot of money (try Chili Forge),  build several forges spending a lot of time and a lot of money because "they new better than the experts," or obtain a book, actually read it carefully, and follow its instructions EXACTLY (this is the least traveled path). Ain't life a bitch?

Fortunately you have no dog in the fight eh. Mikey;) just kidding and BTW. Its great to see guys that share !

Ivan, it's deemed marketing the morality aside people very rarely show a competitors product that works as well as or better than theirs! It's a case of "Buyer Beware"

Personally I prefer not to use Klingspor products  not because their product is inferior but because they laterally collude with their distributors to keep prices and profits artificially high to the universal detriment of their customers. Alas, Hilti as a corporation also qualifies as spawn of unmarried parents.  

Well now, between the now and then (meaning I've yet to set up the forge) I've gotta say, the price was right-er, for me... It was a gift for which I am truly grateful. I've been a hard one to buy presents for in the past so when family members heard I was interested in blacksmithing, they jumped at the chance to make it happen for me. So, regardless of the capitalistic dreams of the folks at Devil Forge, I'm quite happy with what I've got... assuming I don't go and blow myself up. ;)

I got my burner in the mail only 2 weeks after i ordered it it was really fast shipping. I orderedt the whole connection kit but in the end i use the regulator that i already had and connected the hose with a barb fitting. This thing is a beast, in the video i only used around 5 psi and the roar was crazy.

https://youtu.be/Olr91GpleWU

Ianinsa,

It's amazing how similar our views are. brand names stopped impressing me clear back in the early sixties, when Ford and Chevy started embossing their logos in ever larger letters on pickup tail gaits, and Levies jeans went from using a tiny brand on a bit of leather to sowing their name over the right rear pocket, to look like a brand on the wearer's ass! But everything was quite straight forward back then, and it's the same today; either you take the time and effort to find out whats what, or you listen to someone else who does; all others get to pay the ignorance tax.

I like these Devil Forge guys; the more I see of their stuff, the more their dollar value becomes obvious. Just one one issue for me is the regulator and hose. For every quality regulator on the market there must be a hundred "also-rans." If you don''t like something about a steel part on your burner that is simple enough to change; ditto for the forge  shell. But you want an American-built regulator, because this is where you live; not Yugoslavia. You want the manufacturer of your equipment to have a healthy fear of lawsuits on a part like your regulator or your fuel  hose. Be smart, and stick your burners into an american fuel hose, which is hooked up to  an American  regulator!!!

I'm with you Mike, good regs and hoses are are just too easy to find, ANY propane supplier will carry ONLY high quality components. were I in the market for a Devil Forge I'd tell them to keep their reg and hoses and give me the difference in price. I'd be polite but I'd tell them. Heck they probably don't know how hard it can be to match stuff like this. Where they're from things are a lot more wild west where we're major litigation shy.

Here near the edges of America in Wasilla a 0-60lb. high volume regulator runs under $35.00 at Amerigas, a 10' hose runs around $26-28 and a 0-30psi gauge around $20. They have all the fitting a boy could want AND best of all EXPERTS to advise you.

Some things are just not worth risk of trying to save a buck with salvaged components. Sure I have two $5.00, 100gl. propane tanks I picked up at a yard sale but I eyeballed them both good and left two that had dents. Then when I had them filled I took them to the local propane supplier, Amerigas and had them inspect ad certify them first. That was NO CHARGE. Even though it's not legal there are plenty of service station hands who will fill one without a current certification tag or even damaged valve parts. A bent handle is usually good for an "inspect before refill," refusal. I like the places that have a red ink stamp refusing refill right at the pump.

Anyway, but American fuel gas parts it just ain't worth fooling around with cobbled together IEDs.

Frosty The Lucky.