I Forge Iron

Need help with anvil

I got this anvil given to me and I have not seen it in person yet. I just have a few pics from my dad. My uncle gave it to me and my dad is picking it up for me. 

What would you guys do about the chipping in the edges? Also what about the face of the anvil. How would I go about restoring this or fixing what is wrong with out damaging the metal any more?

IMG_5895.jpg

I agree with tom on the face.

As for the horn, stop by a few equipment rental places and see it they have a rockbuster (long taper, sometimes with a pointed tip, usually stops at 1.25" radius though) jackhammer bit that they can't use any more, like perhaps the shank broke off at the collar.  They make excellent hardy bicks, and all you have to do is maybe forge what's left of the shank down (or build it up) for your hardie hole and give it a nice bend, or leave it straight so it's easier to use as a ring mandril if you find yourself doing a lot of that kind of thing (the pointed ones make excellent mandrils).