Hillbillysmith

Japanese Sword

I think they are old wrought iron anvils that were made individually a long time ago. ..and passed on .. .they do not appear to be production anvils.

I would highly doubt they are wrought iron, most likely cast steel. They look like a generic brand of shop anvil in that area, china is a massive manufacturing country, and these are no doubt a product of that. Note, these are production forges, not singular custom smiths, so the tolls are going to be a bit less, heirloom.

I guess your are right .. Although they do look rather improvised. . .probably a limited order placed at some factory somewhere. ..

And btw. . I used to live in a Communist country.. and EVERYTHING that is not for export is more or less improvised or rough.
It usually does not take a whole lot of licensing to have that sort of business and the employees are a group of semi skilled craftsmen from some remote village that rarely gets attention from the authorities. .

The best word to describe almost everything in a communist country, including the exports in many cases ( Made in China ), is "shoddy".

Mende
I would have a hard time realizing that you were from another country as your command of the english language or rather your command of the mannerisms and everyday use of slang and such of the everyday english language that we call american are really good.
Mike Tanner

Thx! :D . .it means a lot to me, specially now that I just took some English tests and I's stressing over what my results are going to be.

I live in Romania. .and although it's been a "free" country for like 17 years, the old party members and commies still have a lot of power.
There are still a lot of products and buildings left over. . everything being very square and rough. .especially the metal stuff. .

Factories made medium quality ( as I dare not call it good) for exports, and downright barely functional stuff for internal use.

China should be no different ..although they have SOME upgraded facilities . .because export standards demand them.

Your grasp of the american language is great, If your teacher says other wise, We will "rip them a new one" in the most obscure slang possible and then YOU can translate it for the teacher to prove your mastery :D