I Forge Iron

Japanese Sword

Hillbillysmith

I would highly doubt they are wrought iron, most likely cast steel. They look like a generic brand of shop anvil in that area, china is a massive manufacturing country, and these are no doubt a product of that. Note, these are production forges, not singular custom smiths, so the tolls are going to be a bit less, heirloom.

I guess your are right .. Although they do look rather improvised. . .probably a limited order placed at some factory somewhere. ..

And btw. . I used to live in a Communist country.. and EVERYTHING that is not for export is more or less improvised or rough.
It usually does not take a whole lot of licensing to have that sort of business and the employees are a group of semi skilled craftsmen from some remote village that rarely gets attention from the authorities. .

The best word to describe almost everything in a communist country, including the exports in many cases ( Made in China ), is "shoddy".

Thx! :D . .it means a lot to me, specially now that I just took some English tests and I's stressing over what my results are going to be.

I live in Romania. .and although it's been a "free" country for like 17 years, the old party members and commies still have a lot of power.
There are still a lot of products and buildings left over. . everything being very square and rough. .especially the metal stuff. .

Factories made medium quality ( as I dare not call it good) for exports, and downright barely functional stuff for internal use.

China should be no different ..although they have SOME upgraded facilities . .because export standards demand them.

• 1 month later...