I Forge Iron

Finding workshop space to rent?

Still no luck on the workshop front, but I have met a local smith/fabricator who has a small workshop attached to a garden centre. He's allowed me to put my work on display for sale in his show room. Where it is situated will get a fair amount of people passing through so it's a good start if nothing else. 

All the best 

Andy

Stick with it, finding somewhere can take a while. If you haven't already do try the local big country house estates for the sake of their outbuildings. My new workshop is an old sheep shed no longer used by a tenant farmer based on a country house estate. The place was virtually falling down when they showed it to me but the estate have paid for all the repairs & kitting it out with 3 phase etc. Estates like that have to cover the running costs of the house so they rent out as much as possible & it's in their interest for the estate to be well maintained.

• 2 weeks later...

Fair point Joel. I spoke to the office of an estate but the chap I needed wasn't there at the time and I never heard back. I've been away for a while as we had some family issues. That's me back offshore for the next few weeks so I'll be back on the hunt when I return home. 

All the best 

Andy