I Forge Iron

Beginner Blacksmith

Johnny40

Frosty, you wouldn't know anything about Winter and cold up there in Alaska would you... LOL :P

Well after last winter, maybe not. :D

I saw some winter on the news but we got less than 1' all winter. I'm getting to where I could get used to winters where it's warm.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey Frosty, when i made my forge, i simply used a paint can with cement and reinforced the cement with a piece of steel thing (dunno what its called but its for reinforcing the cement) and i did the hole for a burner. I was wondering if it could cool down or have a negative effect on my heat and if i also need ceramic blanket to keep the oxygen away from the burner hole.

You need to ditch the cement if you're talking about Portland cement. It's totally unsuitable for the fire contact zone in a forge. It WILL spall throwing hot shards of concrete around it can be pretty dangerous.

Frosty The Lucky.

You need to ditch the cement if you're talking about Portland cement. It's totally unsuitable for the fire contact zone in a forge. It WILL spall throwing hot shards of concrete around it can be pretty dangerous.

Frosty The Lucky.

I can't remember wich type of cement i used but my father is a chemist who makes em where he works. He told me to only use that one because it was safe.