I Forge Iron

COAL FORGE DEMO (and forging play day)THIS SATURDAY

ATTENTION:  Coal Forge Demo and forging play day this Saturday (5/30/15) in Wasilla - ALL WELCOME

Several forge beginners (like myself) have asked about some forge time, so I will be running my coal forge on Saturday (5/30/15) from noon to whenever.  Please stop by if you can. I have everything you need, but you are welcome to bring anything you'd like to try yourself.  I will be unwinding 20' of garage door spring so the forge will be good and hot if you want to make something.

To get to my house in Wasilla: we are basically at mile 10 Wasilla Fishhook Road  directly across from McCasey Drive.  More specifically, we are at 8485 North Wasilla Fishhook Road.  If your not familiar with valley roads:  Turn up Main Street in Wasilla (the one with the post office, and credit union on it) and go 10 miles and we are on the right (just before our house, there is a 25 MPH warning sign and we are the 2nd driveway past the sign). Look for a grey house with white trim and a basketball hoop on the detached garage.   We are very easy to find, but if you get lost, give me a call at 745-2733.

You don't have to, but if possible, give me a call to let me know you are planning to come or you can send me an email at coleen@mtaonline.net  

Hope to see you on Saturday.

John Mielke on Fishhook

red_hot.thumb.jpg.3de4edadd655dd3f4634bb

Well guys we enjoyed John's hospitality and I render a hearty vote of thanks. John's located a vein of good smithing coal, we kept a fire burning for a good solid 3 hours and virtually no clinker formed. There was a little mixed with the breeze (forge coke) when we let it go out and cool at the end of the session.

Now all we need to do is get John to dig us a few tons. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness it's top shelf metallurgical coal, hot and clean.

Frosty The Lucky.