I Forge Iron

mini anvil

Bided for a mini anvil ( paper weight) on Ebay and was out bided ended up going for around $55 so then I thought get off the computer get out the shed and make your own.So here is my model of a pw 6 inches long 2and 3/8 high 3/4 across the face. Made in two sections, after reading Richard Postman`s Anvils in America,top is tool steel bottom is mild steel,wife thinks I got too much time on my hands.

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0631.JPG

IMG_0633.JPG

IMG_0632.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

Thanks guys the top section was made out of 1 and3/8 crow bar forged to face width then rough cut to shape and a lot of grinding and filing.bottom was made from one inch square mild steel upset to two inches at base and also on top followed by more grinding and filing, no machining was done.The anvil was heat treated hoping it would ring not for use.It weighs 1pound 9.5 ounces or 720g

IMG_0621.JPG

IMG_0630.JPG

honestly if you decided to make these and sell em pm me id be interested and like biggundoc said you need a mark on these and weight ;) , i saw the ones on ebay but yours is way more detailed anyways great work mate

Thanks for the comments, I would like to make a bigger one sometime when I get the right size tool steel but as far as selling the amount of time spent wouldn't match the price.If someone had a better equipped shop it could work.Biggundoc idea of making them is good just got to work out how maybe Ian got some mini stamps :) Imagine an anvil stamped 0-0-1.5