I Forge Iron
ianinsa

Henry Pels & Co ironworker

I've virtually finished a rebuild on 'my little baby' tell me what you think!

WIN_20150421_073925.JPG

WIN_20150421_073907.JPG

WIN_20150421_073939.JPG

WIN_20150421_073950.JPG

For clarity it will crop 2 1/4" round and 2" square , punches 32mm in 16mm plate.

needs more of those graphic safety stickers showing fingers being severed, etc.  Looks like a nice rebuild have you tested it yet?  Made a set of dies to flatten beer cans?

Greetings Ian,

Great job on the rebuild. It indeed will be a time saver..  Looks like a great candidate for future forging dies.. Have fun and stay safe.

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

Shes beautiful Ian, well done. How's she work?

Frosty The Lucky.

Lots of hard work in there, but she looks great.

I am just not sure about the "little baby" part.

Utter rubish, PM me and I'll send you a disposal address,, lol .. Lookin good, waiting for a video.. :)

J

Thanks for all the replies! I love this machine, but you often take what you love and hold dear for granted. I've owned this for more than 15 years and other than the initial rebuild and the occasional bit of lube done nothing more than use her hard. I have now also redone the 'babbit' bearings and she's a bit tight so it needs a bit of run-in  :) .

Utter rubish, PM me and I'll send you a disposal address,, lol .. Lookin good, waiting for a video.. :)

J

​Ok, providing you pay for DHL!:D

Nice tool.  I like the pullmax too, fun machines.

​well, spotted! Yes awesome machines.

I just bought a henery pels iron worker. It looks like yours but my counter weight is on the left side when looking at the punch .do you have any contact information ware I could get manuals and info and how would I be able to tell the age of this

sorry . i missed the last two posts , in the past pels used to respond to and help with enquiries , but alas no more!

As for feed/ drop plates/tables we bolt them on as needed as i have  some unresolved space issues 500 SQM. seems smaller than i remembered( i recon old age is the problem and not too much stuff) my dearest begs to differ on that though.