I Forge Iron

Anvil identification and comments

Hi I have a few anvils just getting started. What do you think this one is it says England 45 kgs on the other side 100lbs nothing else. It seems to be cast and brand new. The other is a mouse hole 1 / 1 /14  pretty beat up I use to use it on the farm to straighten things. The other is a peter wright can't find any markings for the weight probably 180 lbs.  The edges are a little beat up top swayback. They all should be good enough for who they are for. I just about have my shop done just finished putting metal on the walls its small but a start. Thanks chris  sorry about being upside down pictures. iPads must not be for left handed people. They are not upside down when I look at them

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you for replying. I couldn't find anything on it. It is probably the best of the lot. All the others look like they need some help. Someone  more skilled then me to weld on them. Thanks again chris

I agree the blue one  looks like a  john brooks, good maker ,look up Gary Huston video `quiet anvil` he has one and shows a link to brooks company you can still buy a new one.peter wright spears for itself.

Thanks Stan how's life in Australia looks like the economy is slowing haven't been down there in four years. I lived in Victoria for    a year in the early 90s had a great time.

​Yeah things still good here,I spent six months or so in Annandale VA early eighties nice place.