I Forge Iron

Any upcoming Minnesota events?

Hey, folks

I'm new to blacksmithing, located within the MN Metro, and looking to meet people of the craft.

I know this subforum has been inactive a few years, but hopefully that doesn't mean it's dead!

If there's nothing planned for this spring/summer, is there anyone interested in getting something put together?

Even if we don't get more than a dozen people to show up, I'd love to just pick someone's brain and talk shop.

Take care!

Welcome aboard Michael, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll be surprised how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance. UMBA is active in your area, heck all over the Upper Mid West.

I'm thinking the next BIG event in the Upper Mid West is going to be spring thaw, what we call breakup in Alaska and the term might fit the season there this year too. Ice going out on rivers can be a pretty DARNED exciting event you know. I have a close and dear metal head friend lives in the Elk River area, PM me and we'll see about putting you in contact.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...

Northern Minnestoa Metalsmiths have their spring conference this month 3rd weekend I believe north of Park Rapids just north of Itasca State Park.

The 22nd Annual Northern MN Metalsmith Conference is April 25 & 26 held in Itasca

State Park area near Bemidji. It is a fun event to stroll around and see the various

blacksmith activities. For more info call Keith @ 218-751-9433 or check out

keith@greatriverforge.com.

Edited by jeremy k

• 1 month later...