I Forge Iron

I'm back ..for the moment

JPH

Well after a whole bunch of persuasion, talking and imploring from several folks on here who shall remain namless..I have came back to see what has changed. Hopefully the situation that caused my departure has been corrected...

So I will be popping in every now and then. In the mean time here is what I did last Monday...Hopefully the photos work out

all welded wire/cable/drain snake...in stag with phosphor bronze..on my website at the moment

JPH

DSC01131B.jpg

DSC01133B.jpg

DSC01138B.jpg

DSC01140B.jpg

DSC01152A.jpg

Edited by JPH
photos and spelling

Thank you for the kind words......as far as the drain snakes..I have a couple of friends that are in the plumbing trades and they dropped off 5 of them that broke...and now I am up to my neck is 10XX spring steel rod/heavy wire that welds wonderfully easy...so I am a hammering fool trying to get work done before we move...

As far as doing this before..no..I am just a beginner..yeah.aa  ahh a beginner, yeah that's the ticket....that's my story and I am sticking to it.

JPH

As far as doing this before..no..I am just a beginner..yeah.aa  ahh a beginner, yeah that's the ticket....that's my story and I am sticking to it.

JPH

​Lol.. right! Years ago you helped my partner settle on 4130 for our stage combat weapons and we still go through a few tons of it a year.. Lance still talks highly of your conversations to this day.. and that was probably 15 years ago or more! I remember getting pieces of yours to sell on occasion back in the mid 90's - you were one of my inspirations for getting into this business. So thanks for coming back and good luck with the move!

J

Yes..Moving..I am getting out iof this place..the kids are grown and outta here..(YYYEEEHAAAA!! all THREE of them..) and well..too many people in the area.. Moving to Florida..Lake City area..already found a spot..on 10 acres with a small woprkshop and a really nice spot for a larger one...

JPH

Those are gorgeous knives, I am new here and to this craft. I hope to one day be able to make items that can compare to those you posted. 

As for the kids situation, I can understand your sentiments on that, I am only able to work on my side projects on the weekends since that is when my children are with their mother.

Thos:  Ok teh drsin snakes I got all had a SS cable running down the centre..if yoyu don't know how to weld SS to HC  it's gotta go..then again even if you do know how..the grade of SS they use has very little C in it so it really brings nothing to the table..

I remove the center cable..straighten oput the coils and  I go from there...weld the ends, heat, flux a bit and twist it up tighter than a Scotsman's purse strings...

JPH

Welcome back; been gone a while myself….and moved to American Samoa. A couple of those knives would look great with my kilt….alas, I am a Scotsman and am still building my house and shop, or….. Hopefully someday i will have at least one of your (master) pieces, I am hoping for one of your katana. Good luck with the move! 

Nice knives JPH

I plumb as a day job, and have collected our broken cables in the past to hold for stuff like this. Havent got around to it yet though. We use them in 5/16" dia and 3/4" dia with hollow core. I have about 60' of the 3/4" that I may try out soon.