I Forge Iron

Hello from Minnesota and Wisconsin

MouaChan

Hello all my name is Chan I'm from Minnesota but i go to school in Wisconsin at the university of Wisconsin stout and I'm trying to learn to blacksmith traditionally as a hobby and I figured going to a forum would be the best way to learn from the professionals like all of you fine people please.

Welcome aboard Chan, glad to have you. There are lots of folk smithing in the mid west so you aren't going to have any trouble finding a mentor or 50. Just narrow your location down like Josh suggests and you'll discover IFI members within visiting distance. I have dozens and dozens of blacksmith and other metalhead friends in the mid west and I live in Alaska.

I THINK UMBA is the organization you want to join. If I'm wrong someone here will correct me shortly.

We love good questions, we have to really think to answer them, especially if we have to make something up. <wink> And pictures, we LOVE pics, darned near anything you can show the family will do, Projects, tools, shop, pets, dinner, scenery, whatever.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hello all, Thanks for all the warm welcomes. If anyone does want to know I am currently residing in Menomonie Wisconsin so if there are any smiths close by let me know I'll be more than happy to find some free time to come and watch you work or learn from your skills.

Hello Chan and welcome aboard! This forum really is a great resource to reach out to local smiths as well as learn a number of things. I'm still trying to find the opportunity to finish reading just a fraction of what is offered here, but I have made contact with a number of locals that make this forum worth more than gold!

I hope you find some great information here. Happy smithing!