I Forge Iron

After all it is just a quarter.

Glenn

Me too, Thomas. Only I have been saving $1 bills. I have a long wish list.......I may be the guy that has to buy a trailer to haul it all home this year. LOL         Life is Good                  Dave

$Change$ can build up fast, saving change for a year, maybe a little less, paid for round trip to Florida for two from Boston, 1st Class.

Been saving ever since, two years now, will have to wait to see how much...  also the grand daughter, she love to play with the change bucket...  Loves to take some with her too !

Funny but my wife used to give me my lunch money in 1's when I was eating at the cafeteria in the factory in Mexico.  I stopped on the suggestion of my Dr as the meals tended to be very high in carbs and I'm diabetic; but I still have a couple of months of ones stacked up to use at Quad State.  Started looking for Ballpeens to sell too.  Found a very good condition craftsman ball pein with a trashed handle for US$1 at the fleamarket last weekend.  Also some old knives annuals and some other books I already own.   My money can cheerfully accepts ones!

Yeah, I need to get better at my money management...... The 450 dollars that I mde at the only craft fair I've done, which was back in April, is almost already gone, do to all of my recent......umm...... Let's call them "investments".........and I'm only 13!!

Littleblacksmith

As I have mentioned before we are in the process of selling one farm in CT and moving north to a smaller retirement farm in VT.  So we have been cleaning house literally for months and containers of change has been showing up in all closets and under counters and in the basement.  Some left by the kids when they left home, some from lord knows where.   Some are darn heavy lugging into the bank to feed their counter machine.  this change has come from many places usually heavy pockets or from the washing machine.  Any ways today the amount cashed in was $135, and the previous one was about $80 so far we figure we have done over $400 with 3-4 buckets to go.  We try not to go to the bank more than everyother week. 

I know of a guy who paid for he and his wife to take a first class trip to hawaii with quarters.  He would ask for all dollar bills that he got in change given in quarters.  Then put them in the jar.  My friend was working at the bank when he turned them in.  

On 7/25/2016 at 2:19 PM, littleblacksmith said:

Yeah, I need to get better at my money management...... The 450 dollars that I made at the only craft fair I've done, which was back in April, is almost already gone, do to all of my recent......umm...... Let's call them "investments".........and I'm only 13!!

Better than booze and babes

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a method I used for years. I never pay with coins, always use bill to pay and keep the change. At the end of the day it goes in a 3 Litre tin. Once a year I go to the bank with the tin full to the brim. Pour it in the coin counting machine. I have gone over $1000 every year, last year it was 1,350 If you have a lot of very small value coins you may need a larger tin say a gallon or so. We have 10c coins but they hardly circulate, it is mostly 20c and up and we have $2 coins. Very rewarding. Bought myself a large commercial wood chipper last year, ex rental. It's a beast and gobbles up anything you throw in it. All with just one year change. 

• 1 year later...