Glenn

Show me your sales or demo booth

Were you just demoing or were you also selling your wares?  I have found that by myself I can do one or the other.  If I am demoing I can focus on the work and keep a a patter and conversation with the spectators but I can't also talk about the goods table, make change, etc..  If I am going to do both I have to have someone helping with the commercial side of the operation.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Welcome aboard Lockjaw forge guy, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in the header you'll discover how many of the gang live within visiting distance. 

Brother, that's one serious expression you're wearing there! Maybe it's wearing your hat off center? I have to have Deb or a mirror to get my straw hat straight too. I just started wearing it at a jaunty:rolleyes: angle on purpose as part of the persona.

I've been to Goldfield but it was maybe 30 years ago so details escape me, is it a historical mining town, sort of a living history museum thing? I remember a few of those in my wanderings in Nev.mining country. Are you THE town smith? 

What do you prefer to  make?

Frosty The Lucky.

Like Frosty said, if you edit your profile to show location, there may be other members near you and sometimes knowing where you are is needed to give accurate answers. I always suggest reading this to get the best out of the forum. READ THIS FIRST

I like your set up. Looks like your forge is an Army pack forge, we take ours to club meetings when there is a shortage of forges.

Actually remembered to get some pictures this time. Not as full or as nice as I like, and I really need to make some boards for hanging or screw in/bolt on objects. Lots to get and do yet, but need to make the money at it first. 

20190914_113646.thumb.jpg.464ceccf2418f56baa8fde0c6db30d8b.jpg

20190914_113655.thumb.jpg.b26677b478949065281697a6928fd861.jpg

20190914_113712.thumb.jpg.77b9416ba88ca12005289c3f65c31b52.jpg

20190914_113717.thumb.jpg.06b404c347af784d6e222b4c70f5f6a1.jpg

20190914_113703.jpg

Thanks Jennifer. Improving as I go.

Btw, I had zero phone service at this event, and with some of the higher priced stuff, need my phone for the card reader. Luckily we could get on (a somewhat trustworthy) someones wifi. No major  non-cash sales anyway, but something to think about if accepting card. With some higher dollar items I wouldn't get a lot of my sales not accepting cards.

Instant sales via CC are an excellent addition to the income.  

I have a reader for my phone and an account at a few POS's but usually, if they ask if I take CC I tell them I'd rather not and that there is an ATM at XYZ. 

this works most the time as the people now understand the fees and such. 

The good people do understand the fees, and if asked, I always prefer cash. In the long run I've found that having the ability to accept CC to be able to make the sales outweighs the fees. Times change and a lot less people carry much cash. I thought of charging more for the use of cc but that could leave a bad taste. So far in my absurdly low pricing, I just price accordingly, or not and just accept it. Lol. I hate pricing, but got bills to pay and stock and tools to buy and pay for. Can't it all be for fun?

Hi All,

This was the stall I setup for my first two craft fairs this year.

I am pretty happy with it but think I might add some vertical stands as well, which I will get built for the next one.

Cheers,

Luke

20190826_103217.jpg