I Forge Iron

'alternate' traditional hobies/ handcrafts.

ianinsa

I used to know a mnemonic for resistor color codes, but forgot it decades ago.  The only two memory aides I can think of at the moment are:

Eddie Ate Dynamite, Good Bye Eddie

Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless service, Honor, Integrity, Personal courage

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as much of a problem when using tubes/valves but these persnickety ICs turn up their toes at the least bit of erroneous over voltages.---what were Shockley, Brattain and Bardeen *thinking*!  (Besides what the grey aliens told them to...)

Oh, I burned up my fair share of those chips before I got fed up and broke out the chart and cakalator.  Sometimes it only halfway destroys them and that REALLY confuses a hobbiest.  :)  Nowadays I suppose you need an electron microscope to see things!

We had a mnemonic for the Greek provinces in Asia Minor, but it was exceptionally foul. 

I wonder, if there's a mnemonic for different kinds of falcons, is it exceptionally fowl?

Hey I take pride of working for almost 14 years for a company that there is a conspiracy theory about that their great strides in the sciences are all due to alien technology!   Bell Labs!

John;  Foul in ancient Greek or just in English?

After all, I didn't say electron telescope!  My remark was about how small IC's and electronics in general are growing.   I guess I never heard of that theory about Bell Labs...  

Learning from UFO's would be much quicker.  It took me 3 months of migraines, C++ for dummies, a junk computer with a severed printer cord and a breadboard with sloppy holes to light up a LED.  But then again, I am a little slow!  :)

Never heard that one, Thomas.  “Eric And Dave’s Guitars Beat Everyone” was another I was given, but the Eddie one was easier for me to remember.  I believe Eddie was better anyway. 

Come ON guys, don't you  follow the wild haired, "ancient aliens deserve credit for everything," guy? He has so much AMAZING evidence the first stacked stones are alien tech.

You don't REALLY think mere human beings actually figured out how to stand big stones on end ourselves do you. And the wheel? :rolleyes: Pffft.

Frosty The Lucky. (Not an Annunaki, honest:ph34r:)

15 hours ago, Nodebt said:

My remark was about how small IC's and electronics in general are growing.   I guess I never heard of that theory about Bell Labs..

Moore's law

Pnut