I Forge Iron

What weird animals have been in your shop

I think an opossum has taken up residence in my workshop... I like nearly all animals, but I just really don't like opossums. There's just something about their rope-like tails and their pointy teeth that give the impression to me of being eternally rabid. It's also making a bit of a mess by leaving droppings in a corner.

Anyone know a good way of getting it to leave?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Opossums are generally good to have around. They eat ticks and other nuisance pests and "if I've heard right" are very unlikely to or dont get rabies. 

Personally I think they are cute. If it Is being a bad shop guest, live trap and do as arkie mentioned. I have relocated a few that got into the chicken coop. Those were just after the chicken food and not attacking my birds.  I have some that eat the food I leave out for the feral cats and thats fine with me. 

• 4 weeks later...

well that looks like acute little fellow! i had never heard of a sugar glider before so it just shows you what you can learn on this site!

did he come forsome of the leftovers from xmas lunch?:D

i found a dead little hedgehog in my shop the day before yesterday sadly it had not gone home early enough and had been found by the dogs.

1 hour ago, ianinsa said:

did he come forsome of the leftovers from xmas lunch?:D

Ham and turkey may not have been to his liking! It has been hot lately though and there are lots of insects around. These gliders are nocturnal and perhaps he was partial to a mantis or a moth attracted to the lights to complement the usual diet of blossom, sap etc.