I Forge Iron

You might be a redneck blacksmith

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH! Gah!!!! That hurts me to even read! Oh Geeze, I'm gonna have that picture in my head all night!!

Me too Spanky, I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to gouge my mind's eye out!

Frosty The Lucky.

That hot wire in the tooth story - wow. My father-in-law was not a blacksmith or a redneck but he was a tough old bushie. I recall watching him saw through a blackened fingernail with a hacksaw blade to release the pressure. Still makes me shiver to think of that. 

That hot wire in the tooth story - wow. My father-in-law was not a blacksmith or a redneck but he was a tough old bushie. I recall watching him saw through a blackened fingernail with a hacksaw blade to release the pressure. Still makes me shiver to think of that. 

I've done that with a small drill bit on a fresh black fingernail more than once. Dad used a heated pin on my thumb once. I've been asked by friends to drill a relief hole in a finger/toe nail a few times, a couple times with whatever was handy being my (really sharp) pocket knife.

It's one thing to poke a hole in a fingernail to let the blood out but it's a world different killing the nerve in a tooth (whatever's going on) with a heated wire.

This is going to be giving me the willies for a long time. <shudder>

Frosty The Lucky.

Ain't done the tooth, in my skinny, running days, did the hot wire burn through the nail to relieve a blood blister. Hurt some, but felt better.

If you've ever used chewing tobacco for a handle stain........from yer spit cup, might be a redneck blacksmith. (works lovely on high tannin woods. low tannin woods, can soak in tea first. Helps if you let it sit in ammonia for a bit.)

The super tiny carbide drill bits that some dremel kits have work a real treat for making a relief hole in a finger nail.  You have to be real gentle on the last little bit of nail and membrane as they are sharp and jump thru that last little bit in a hurry and makes for a bit more of an ouch factor. 

If you have ever spit some tobacco juice into a dried out can of paste flux so that you can torch solder a guard on a knife. And it works!

True story: saw Jim Batson do that at a hammer-in once. It was the only time we ever saw him spit.

My friend Michael and I were sitting on the sidelines watching him make damascus, and we thought that he was counting the blows under his breath, or chewing gum. Nope, that man swallows. :blink: I will never be a real blacksmith if that is what it takes to pass the final exam.

You might be a redneck blacksmith if your daughter's first car had a forged dragon hood ornament, especially if a long blonde haired Barbie was riding said dragon.

You are for sure a redneck blacksmith if the art car Dragon and Barbie becomes the hood ornament on you 72 Chevy pickup. Especially if the hair on the Barbie is you HUD speedometer:)

Edit by moderator

Yes it does exist and there ARE pictures (grin)

post-1-0-53473200-1408524780_thumb.jpg

You might be a redneck blacksmith if your daughter's first car had a forged dragon hood ornament, especially if a long blonde haired Barbie was riding said dragon.

You are for sure a redneck blacksmith if the art car Dragon and Barbie becomes the hood ornament on you 72 Chevy pickup. Especially if the hair on the Barbie is you HUD speedometer:)

Edit by moderator

Yes it does exist and there ARE pictures

attachicon.gifptree dragon.jpg

Ptrees post has been edited to include pictures of the hood ornament.  Yes it does exist and there ARE pictures.