I Forge Iron

Review, TWECO Fabricator 141i Power Source

So being away from my shop for several months working this year, I decide I needed to buy a 110v power source for small projects in my portable shop not wanting to haul the Trailblazer and all the gear. My blood has always run blue and have been fond of Lincoln products too. I happen to see a TWECO Fabricator 141i and it caught my eye. It has all the quality I have come to expect from a professional unit. In my career I been exposed to a variety of 110v units, buying my first one in the late 1980's, a Italian made unit which left a lot to be desired. This unit is capable of MIG, TIG and stick. It has arc control, inductance and remote on off for the TIG. I had a little job to do today using 3/32 7018 and it has the nicest arc. I bought my unit from a on line welding supplier for a little over $700.00 with the TIG package and have seen them under $600.00 without. If you are looking for a 110v unit this one deserves a good look!

post-280-0-04668100-1404144509_thumb.jpg

HW -- you have said what size rod you used - now what were you welding thickness wise / job ? & did it penetrate good ??

by any chance can it  tig aluim / Ac High frec

I don't like  110 V welder's at all have used a few Lincoln miller to name some

TWO under powered unless you are welding sheet metal or thin stuff ! BUT ? things change

I am a 220 V welder LOL since 1976

STEVE'S Welding & Fab

HW -- you have said what size rod you used - now what were you welding thickness wise / job ? & did it penetrate good ??
by any chance can it  tig aluim / Ac High frec
I don't like  110 V welder's at all have used a few Lincoln miller to name some
TWO under powered unless you are welding sheet metal or thin stuff ! BUT ? things change
I am a 220 V welder LOL since 1976
STEVE'S Welding & Fab

Well Steve it is what it is, a good quality power source. Generally it will handle 3/16" material, 1/4" on the outside. You get 90 amps for stick, 120 amps for TIG, and a 140 amps for MIG. For stick I usually run 3/32" 7018 and it handles it just fine. .030 for hardwire and .035 for self shielded FCAW and a 20% duty cycle at max amperage. Remember what this machine is made for, hobbyist, and light industrial use. As in anything you do there is a right and wrong tool for a job!

Here's the link for the manual.

http://victortechnologies.com/IM_Uploads/DocLib_9757_Tweco_Fabricator_141i_Operating_Manual_%280-5145%29_Nov2013.pdf

It has the same limits most 110v units do. It only makes full output when run off a 30 amp circuit. However the guys I know who have used them say it's a pretty decent unit if you understand it's limitations.

Here's the link for the manual.

http://victortechnologies.com/IM_Uploads/DocLib_9757_Tweco_Fabricator_141i_Operating_Manual_(0-5145)_Nov2013.pdf

It has the same limits most 110v units do. It only makes full output when run off a 30 amp circuit. However the guys I know who have used them say it's a pretty decent unit if you understand it's limitations.

20 amp on this one!