Sign in to follow this  
TravisF

Questions about a Murray

I have been looking around for a power hammer and I came across this one in my area. What do you all think would be a fair price for a hammer in this condition? Also in regards to the Murray is it basically a little giant? I appreciate any help in this matter.

Hi TravisF! On this forum the only guy i know who had a Murray power hammer is  "Dillon Sculpture".

Send him a message.

this hammer seems to be in great shape but for a price to bet, i don't know.

good luck!

Basically same as a little giant. I have a 250# Murray

I have a 100 lb Murray and love it. Murray is the next step in evolution from the LG. The best improvement is bronze bushings with grease zerks instead of Babbitt. I think it would be a fair buy in the mid to upper 2000's. Good luck.

I talked to the guy selling it and he currently wants 3500 for it. He does not know the last time it was ran but figures it was about 15 years ago.

I have one and they are good hammers.   Be aware that NO Little Giant parts interchange with these hammers.  You can buy new springs and dies from little giant, and if you custom make a few parts you can use all the dupout linkage from a LG but you must replace both arms and the springs and pins.

I talked to the guy selling it and he currently wants 3500 for it. He does not know the last time it was ran but figures it was about 15 years ago.

Fair but on the high side, maybe do some dickering.