I Forge Iron

Pritchel Plate

good morning all,

I have seen many designs and borrowed from them.  I wanted a plate with multiple sized holes to punch clean holes (and I had the limited time and materials available  to make one).  I still need to find/borrow the bits for the three larger holes before its done, but it was fun.  I am a bit concerned that the larger holes may be a touch too close

post-734-0-37083700-1400251296_thumb.jpg

hammer on

Closeness has a thickness function as well as not marring the work if you are doing it in 1/4" material they should be spread quite far apart but in 1" material they can be quite close---just far apart enough that a hot piece doesn't get the other holes marked on it's surface during use.

Thanks Thomas.  I was wondering.  Once I get the other holes drilled I know it'll be far more useful that the piece of 3/8" plate I currently use, that does not stay put real well. 

As a little person, in the early 70's, I used to live in El Paso.  My dad was stationed at Biggs Field, if that is still there