I Forge Iron

Cast iron bed details

I have been tasked with building a vintage lookin iron bed. The construction and bending are no issue at all. I am having trouble sourcing the little cast iron parts that cover the rod junctions, They are like small tees, or crosses that have a flowery or filegree pattern cast into them. I have looked at teh usual sources but did not come up with anything. Does anybody have a source for iron bed parts? Also, what do you call those details? Trunnions?

FWIW, I tried talking them into forged details, but her heart is set on the cast iron.

Thanks

Melbourne Lacework in Aus. has a lot of that kind of thing. Depending on how many you want, shipping could be a bit prohibitive. I often have a look at their site as it has some great ideas for scroll work and all kinds of decorative ironwork. And the lovely Bella - well you have to see her!
The website is:
http://www.melbournelacework.com.au/

Find a small hobby foundryperson nearby. Believe it or not they are all over the country. The trick is finding one capable of cast iron. Make a pattern and arrange a visit, you might learn a thing or two at the same time. If you post your general location I could see if there was someone in your general area.