I Forge Iron

Cliff Carrol

Size - 125lb

Made in 2013

Iron w/a hardened face

Picked it up from Cliff at his shop there in Larkspur, Colorado

Have now had it for a year.

Excellent anvil with good rebound

I like this anvil because of it's ease of use, easy to carry and move and has some good features such as the turning cams which - although this is a farriers anvil and the cams are for shoes I'm guessing - have been pretty darn handy for other uses.

I picked up this anvil right there at Cliff's place in Larkspur and I'm here to tell you he's the nicest guy you could meet.  Showed me his entire setup and shop area where they were prepping anvils for painting and shipment. I'd never met the man before in my life and he treated me like family.

Also got to see how he does the surface hardening/treatment and really felt good after that about my new anvil.

I'd easily recommend any of his anvils to a friend.  I do small projects and this 125lb one is perfect for me and I can still carry it to county fairs and such where I like to do demos and make fun little stuff to introduce folks to our 'sport'... ;)

I know lots of anvil snobs who turn up their noses at iron anvils and farriers anvils....but this works great for me and you don't often get to meet the actual craftsman who made your anvil anymore!

Dean

post-43125-0-48170400-1395280009_thumb.j

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...