I Forge Iron

First forged and completed knife

Sharps

This is my first forged and finished knife that I have completed. As you'll see at the end of the album I have ground on a handful of blades but I was not getting good results that I wanted. A friend and local bladesmith was generous enough to take time out of his weekends to help coach me through the process of forging to finishing. OAL is 8 3/4" with a 4" blade full flat grind with a convex edge, tapered tang. Steel is 1084 from Aldo the NJ steel baron and handle is black linen micarta with red liners. I have lurked and searched here for almost a year soaking up any and all info and tips and tricks that I could find and apply. Please feel free to ask any questions, comments or critiques. Thanks

QACD4zYh.jpg

JFPHLONh.jpg

vaspYumh.jpg

bI9JIebh.jpg

Here is an album with a bunch of pictures through the process http://imgur.com/a/ztxfZ

Thanks all for the kind words. It was a long and slow process but a great learning experience. It will probably take me a few times to start getting the process down. There are a few things that I find a little off balance but I guess I will always be able to see the flaws. I am excited to see what else I will be able to create.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...