I Forge Iron

invoking Yom Kippur

Steve Sells

47 yr old family friend Adam S.  is preparing for his final journey.  Please pray for him and his family for the courage to face what is comming.

Chrones has left his body losing calcium and magnesium for a long time.  Also manifesting is a genetic trait of an inoperable heart problem.  Then a few weeks ago while his mother was caring for him,  she slipped and fell, and as any good son would do...  he jumped up to help her. Gravity reminded him fast that his bones can not support his own weight anymore.  Over 12 broken or shatered bones, plus 5 in the spinal column.   Now add in the Mersa he got from one of the last operations, and he is on his death bed.  Doctors say 10 years maximum if he can beat his currrent situation, because of the heart.  Dr and family doubt that he can, bones wont heal without calcuim. 

My wife and I are crying as I write his.  They have been close since they worked together at the wooden nickel record collectors store after high school. and we have been friends since I started dating my wife over 20 years ago.   He has been a big brother to her, and she is not dealing with this well either.

I leave you with a relay of Adams post to us from this moring:

I have squandered my days with plans of many things this was not among them. But at this moment I beg only to live the remaining moments well. For all we ought to have thought but have not thought, all we ought to have said but have not said, for all we should have done but not done, I pray thee god for forgiveness.