I Forge Iron

Bending machine table

The original use of this table was the side of a machine that was already cut into pieces at the scrapyard. I bought it because I wanted to strip all the pneumatics and other components of it.  The original plan was to sell it back as scrap and then I realized it would make a nice bending table. 

I had to make the legs, fortunately my steel supplier had some off-cuts, and then I mounted my two benders to it. It has a 10mm thick top, and there were enough drilled and tapped holes in all the right places so I didn't have to drill any holes into the table.

It is as solid as anything I could wish for and will make a very useful addition to my little workshop.

The color is because I had it.

post-5093-0-78016300-1390679301_thumb.jp

post-5093-0-91585900-1390679336_thumb.jp

post-5093-0-73520100-1390679372_thumb.jp

Greetings Jacques,

I love it when you can re-purpose equipment...  Judging by the dust on your bender it now can be put to work... LOL    I have several benders and such. You might consider attaching it to the floor. It will skid on the surface ..  I lock my systems to an acorn table ..   You have some nice space under for tool storage . and enough surface area to add other things..   Great find... 

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

I think it is heavy enough not to move while bending. So far I've done 1/4" flat bar without a problem.

I don't really have a good place to put it, and I cannot anchor it to the floor in the position it is in now. And I need to be able to move around it.

It is now outside the workshop under a lean-to, and that is why it is dusty. The workshop is clean. (Coal dust is clean, isn't it?)